A Letter Never Sent

A Letter Never Sent

A Poem by Aarea

Sometimes I read Poe's poem, Annabel Lee, and it makes me think of you. 
What an odd way to start a letter, you would say, if you read my words. But this is a letter never sent, and you have eyes that will never see it. 
You have fingers that will never touch the seal, you have lips that will never speak the words of my heart. 
All you have is cold, cold, cold night. 
You knew. You had to know. You stared at me with those deep, intense eyes, eyes that won't see this, and your lips spoke my name, lips that will never speak this. 
But when you fell you didn't speak, your lips remained sealed shut. A reminder of the words you will never speak. 
And you fell into cold, cold, cold, night. 
Your ears will never hear me say I love you. 
Your eyes will never see me write these words. 
Your arms will never hold me close.
Your lips will never feel mine on them. 
Your life will never be entwined with mine. 
You will never breathe again. 
You cannot breathe in the cold, cold, cold night. You left me here alone.
So wherever you are, read this letter never sent, and know that once I loved you.
Before you went away. 

© 2016 Aarea


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sharp. Very very touching. Pricks our soul.. Thank you!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
1 Review
Added on July 21, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2016

Author

Aarea
Aarea

About
I am new on this website and am just trying to get some of my work out there for people to view. I like to mostly write poetry and some fan fiction. If you review me, I will try really hard to review .. more..

Writing
Time Travel Time Travel

A Poem by Aarea


Lead Secrets Lead Secrets

A Poem by Aarea


Tunnel 8 Tunnel 8

A Story by Aarea