Midnight Rainbow

Midnight Rainbow

A Poem by Babbette Francis
"

For my Grandparents... I miss them sooooo much.

"

 

 

Somewhere in the wonders of universal vibrations
You’ll find me dancing to rhythm’s of thanks giving
for the life gifted to me. 

One’s I love, by my side and those who have crossed over have never left me,
and though tears of their memories sting my flesh, I smile. 
For not even death can break our ties. 
 
In days of gray skies and nights of a moonless black, I am humbled by the beauty of vibrant, running colors that take the form of a rainbow.  Though tears of pain fall and puddle around my feet, I see the promise that I will not be taken by the flood.   I’m in awe of the rainbow love has painted in midnights bloom.

 

© 2009 Babbette Francis


Author's Note

Babbette Francis
My Grandmother passed away 9/5/2001
My Grandfather grieved until he met her again in heaven 11/1/2002

They were such a positive influence, to me. They were saints. Never would they see a need and not try to help. Those who knew them will never forget them or the love they shared.

Thank you very much for reading. It's the first time I've been able to write about them since their deaths. Words are never good enough for how much I love them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another amazing piece. Again, the images you paint are so enchanting. You have such a unique way of putting things. Nothing is cliched or overused- it's just a wonderful expierence. Keep up the wonderful work! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Oh, how I can feel this one! I, too have lost...my mother being the most recent. Excellent piece! It definitely gives one a Wonderful new way of seeing a rainbow! Thank you for sharing this one!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I could feel the emotion radiating off the page. It's a very good poem because of that. It's my belief that all a poem needs to be any good is an emotion. And this one was full of them. I commend you for your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

822 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2009

Author

Babbette Francis
Babbette Francis

Merryville, LA



About
Its been years since I've written anything on this site but I entered a story in a contest and would like to see what becomes of it. I guess we'll see how that turns out. You can say I'm new again an.. more..

Writing