My Sweet Cage

My Sweet Cage

A Story by KerryB2409
"

Trapped and isolated, treated like a ornament. This is a short story about a caged parakeet. It is a quick read being only 100 or so words.

"

My Sweet Cage



 

The pale greying parakeet sat serene on his perch. He watched from a nearby window as free birds flew by, beautiful in their freedom and simplicity. He shook his feathers free and spread his wings. They touched the edges of his small and despondent cage.


He flapped his stunted wings but in his eyes was the hindering thought that he would never fly; yet he stood in his proud ornamented beauty. Screaming sorrow, crying regret. His hopelessness his cage, his exquisiteness his capture.

His broken wings lay useless at his sides; trapping him in his sorrowful cage.

© 2017 KerryB2409


Author's Note

KerryB2409
This is just a 100 word short story, about a pet parakeet. This is my first time sharing my writing. I'm a young writer so am still learning and would love any positive or negative criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
Added on April 13, 2017
Last Updated on April 14, 2017

Author

KerryB2409
KerryB2409

South Africa



About
I'm new to writing, but really enjoy and have a passion for it. I would love to go into writing as a career and would love any support or criticism. more..

Writing
Idk yet Idk yet

A Book by KerryB2409