Cease to exist

Cease to exist

A Poem by Bala Gorthi
"

You cease to exist even in my memory

"

A stranger calls every day

I don’t know what to say.

I see only the frozen mist.

You don’t exist, again I insist.

And my dear, don’t knock at my door.

For, dead souls are welcome no more.

 

© 2016 Bala Gorthi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have read about letting go, I have read about breaking up and I have read about laying their memory to rest but I've never read something so final as this.
To desire to wipe them from memory is the ultimate in letting go.
It's tantamount to sacrificing a piece of us to achieve that goal. Like a emotional lobotomy.
No prisoners taken here Bala.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

Do you know. That could be the pre-cursor to mental state called 'Capgras Syndrome'.
My frie.. read more
Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

You scared me, Tony. But don't worry I don't let others know that. By the way, are you a specialist .. read more
Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

I only heard of Capgras lately via my friend.
She thinks it was an early indicator for her l.. read more



Reviews

Sometimes for your own sanity, you need to cut someone out of your life. You do not need negativity or bad vibes. This is an empowering write. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you Lydi. This is needed for our own relief and future journey.
I really like the rhymes in this poem!It flows smoothly and you tell a story. Great Job! 👍🏻

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.......
Enjoyed reading this. Keeps one interested. Thanks, so much for sharing. Eva

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading,Eva.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
A well-executed sextet!

An excellent attempt to write a short sextet in rhyming poetic verse. Your message and emotion of the poem is very evident and carries all throughout the poem.
There is a duality to your poem; you can be referring to a person who you have cut adrift from your life for causing grievances, or one can also look at this piece in a supernatural light, keeping the dead souls from the doorstep.

Your rhyme is nicely done and aids your theme very well. Improving all the time! Keep them coming!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Yes, you have very rightly observed.
Here, I have used dead souls with multiple meanings. One.. read more
bala,

I honestly differ with the below noted claims.
Actually original poetry is generated due to the reshaping of experiences, passion, emotion, of course dreams ( I refer to Kubla Khan of ST Colredge) grief , anger, etc to a new one , narrowly close to the past and perfectly new in nature in the future . It is called quality of that product. There may be differences about its existence. Here same thinking and pattern may also be forgiven taking in to consideration its potential. Hence plagiarism is not adhere to in any sense . But only when it is said objectively and balanced it will attain the result of perfection. This happens and this is the difference between others and writers. There may be subjective and really private sense inside a work even the writer is unable to crack enough ( I refer to Sylvia Plath ) Even then reader has a ground to play with contrary to writers point of view.
No issue
The case with above is simple that you have already rendered the so most private feeling ( no matters of yours or others ) in to words with beautiful diction and it is felt among all the reviewers here and me toooooooooooo.

There are more ways to express the

seperation
pang
lonliness
loss
hope
moral despair

the above is a way indeed.....


excellent attempt indeed


carry on.....

mp

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M P Ramesh

7 Years Ago

bala,
doesn't matter.








.. read more
Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Telugu. I have not written anything in Telugu.
Just started putting my thoughts in ink.
M P Ramesh

7 Years Ago

fine
there are so many writers in telugu I have got befriended with
in the past.
read more
A very nice write, Bala !!
when we love someone deeply and get hurt by them, it becomes hard to forgive them. Because they kill our belief and trust. I completely second your opinion on this...they cease to exist. When love dies, then the person too dies along with the memories. You should never welcome those kind of beings in your life.
I really liked this write. :-) :-)
keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thanks manasvini, for reading and understanding. I really try this when some unwanted memory or mome.. read more
This packs a punch, babycakes! I know the feeling exactly. The rhyming is great, especially your internal rhyme of: "mist, exist, insist" . . . and what makes the whole thing unique is your use of very few words which exemplifies your point perfectly . . . you are not talking to this person, so your message is perfectly succinct. I've experienced this myself, but never saw such originality in describing the situation.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading this one. I am glad you liked it.
The best treatment( punishment) we ca.. read more
barleygirl

7 Years Ago

What you are describing are the altruistic reasons to not let ugly people live inside our heads becu.. read more
Bala Gorthi

7 Years Ago

Very true. That is the best answer we can give them. I have received new angle on this from you.
read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

887 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on October 1, 2016

Author

Bala Gorthi
Bala Gorthi

India



About
I am here to share my random thoughts. For me, destiny is a matter of choice. And our Karma brings that choice.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Bala Gorthi