Dead Ruby Lips

Dead Ruby Lips

A Poem by Barbara Borel

He held her head under the water with his blue hands wrapped around her neck, as the bubbles of freedom came up.

She had never felt so alive. All of the torment and abuse, pain and cruelty...it all just washed away... releasing into the air.

The light was the brightest shade of pink in this new surreal surrounding. The sky was purple , the birds were green, and the trees were blue. Every breath she took was of gold and stars were in her eyes as she seemed to float effortlessly.

Then she awoke with a smile on her ruby lips and opened her pale gray eyes. To find her heaven only but a dream, as she sat holding her breath waiting for the blue handed grim reaper to save her from herself.
BMB

© 2016 Barbara Borel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A truly horrific tale of a life gone 'life-less' to such an extent that death is dreamt of in terms of a beautiful release.
You really put a twist in this one Barbara. A sad tale indeed.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Barbara Borel

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 3, 2016

Author

Barbara Borel
Barbara Borel

Metairie , LA



About
Born and raised in New Orleans. Use words as a way of expressing myself. I dont write for an audience or to get praise or please anyone. Writing is therapy. In my eyes expressing words in paper... th.. more..

Writing
Let me Let me

A Poem by Barbara Borel