Favorite Coffee Shop

Favorite Coffee Shop

A Story by Bardy
"

(Completed November 28, 2017)

"
I've come to the coffee shop. Not just any one. It's our favorite coffee shop. One where we have history. I'm sitting at the table where we met for the first time. My eyes laid upon you when you walked in. While we both enjoy the smell and taste of fresh brewed coffee as intoxicating as it is, things became stagnant that day. When I moved my left arm, I couldn't help but notice the little words carved into it: Reclaimed Urban Wood. I had asked you if you knew what that meant. One thing lead to another and things ended on a high note.

I sit here wondering if maybe this table has a little more magic to give. Doubt begins to creep up as the time ticks by before coming over me completely as I remember the fight we had last night. I hope you come. Trying to explain things over the phone and in heat of the moment was a horrible idea. It only seemed to make things worse. I'm leaving this note because a part of me wants to feel like you haven't given up completely on us. That you are just late and will see it when you arrive. More importantly, give us a second chance. Instead of becoming like this cappuccino. Once hot only to become cold over time.

© 2017 Bardy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on November 29, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017

Author

Bardy
Bardy

About
You will find all my posts are either random thoughts I've had, things I've had said to people in conversation, memories of the past or questions that I wonder about. more..

Writing
Extension of Me Extension of Me

A Chapter by Bardy


I Can't Help Myself I Can't Help Myself

A Chapter by Bardy