Backyard Trampoline

Backyard Trampoline

A Story by Bardy

Talking to you each day reminds me of jumping on a trampoline as a kid at my uncles house.

Imagine for a moment standing at the edge of a deck. Straight out you see a wooded forest surrounding the back yard. Birds flying above. Squirrels running around on the side of the trees. Look below and you see a trampoline.

You contemplate if you should jump. All these thoughts are racing through your head on what could happen. "Will I miss it? What if I break my neck? My back? Hit my head coming back?" Your heart is in overdrive. Even with all these thoughts, you make the decision to jump. There's no going back. Just down. You hit it feet first and shoot back up. Then back down finding out none of that happened and it's fun.

I made the jump to talk to you originally. I began having all these thoughts going through my head. Each day I stand on that edge and make the jump. Even though I've made it numerous times now, when I talk to you my heart goes into overdrive with excitement. Not knowing what the day will reveal. The first message of the day shoots me high up. I love it so I keep at it. Bouncing up and down until there's no more for the day.

© 2017 Bardy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
D
I really like this. I find your pieces a bit similar to mine. Just writing and expanding on simple thoughts, ideas and memories. Writing for me has a similar impact. I'm new to it but I get excited when I begin writing because you never know how it's going to end. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on November 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017

Author

Bardy
Bardy

About
You will find all my posts are either random thoughts I've had, things I've had said to people in conversation, memories of the past or questions that I wonder about. more..

Writing
Extension of Me Extension of Me

A Chapter by Bardy


I Can't Help Myself I Can't Help Myself

A Chapter by Bardy