Had It

Had It

A Chapter by MiMi
"

The beginning of the end of the beginning.

"

When the smoke reached my nose it didn't reall hit me until the fire trucks came. Once again, my mother had tried to burn the house down. It isn't as bad as it sounds. She just wishes I didn't exist. So, every now and then she'll try to burn the house down to kill me. Okay, so maybe it is as bad as it sounds. Or maybe a little worse. You see, my mother hates me simply because she had me a such a young age. Why? My mother was a young prostitute. Gross, I know. She'll go out and by smokes, light one up and the throw it at the old, wooden house we live in. "Go live with your father!" She yells at me. I would, Mom. We just don't know who he is. Before the fire men get in the house I grab my black duffle bag and shove everything I think I'll need in it. This includes; my family album (if you can call it that,) my stuffed Jack Skelington doll, eyeliner, cover up, tooth brush, deoderant, tooth paste, blankets, clothes, water bottles, and my wonderful Esso Map, oh and face wash and some money. Grabbing my pillow along with my duffle bag, I dodge out my window and make a run for it despite the fact that my room's on the second floor. The second I hit the ground I regret it. My ankle is throbbin and I'm pretty sure I broke it. But I didn't have time to sit there and examine my ankle so I ran out into the woods that bordered the house.

As soon as I was sure I was far enough away, I pulled out my Esso Map. Examining it carefully. I trailed my index finger to where I knew I must be. The forest in Forks, Washington. But how in the hell was I going to get to my destination? My destination was approximately 2,500 miles away. That's right. I was headed for Agloe, New York. Not that anyone knows what that is. After all, I read about it online and figured it was the perfect place to go. It's not even supposed to exist. A copyright trap created by two Esso Map workers who pu their names together in a swirl of letters and placed it just north of Roscoe, off a dirtroad intersection in the Catskill Mountains. Someone had seen this on an Esso Map and decided to make it an actual place. However, now that town is nothing but an abandoned General Store. Not as appealing. But I loved the sound of it. Especially since no one even knows it's real. My perfect getaway.



© 2010 MiMi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A outstanding beginning to your story. You create a plan and a good reason to escape. I like the story. You left a large opening for many directions to go with this story. I look forward to reading more.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

540 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 3, 2010
Last Updated on April 8, 2010
Tags: running away, meadows, acceptance, abuse, smoke, fire


Author

MiMi
MiMi

Wenatchee, WA



About
Name: Miranda Nicknames: Rayne, Bow, RayneBow, B***h, Hey You, Face, Mirandaface, Mirandabearr, MiMi Age: Stay seventeen more..

Writing
Shots Shots

A Chapter by MiMi


Rush Hour Rush Hour

A Chapter by MiMi