- Day 1 -

- Day 1 -

A Chapter by BattleAxePirate

 There I stood, in the middle of Richet Park. Trees as far as the eye could see on all sides. And before me? The thing that's been following me for a week. Tall and thin, with no face. No ears, no mouth, no eyes. A creature that could not receive sin, but seemed to be the very embodiment of it. And even without eyes, I could still feel it's horrible stare burning holes through me. It's skin is pale, white. And even though this thing surely is not human it wears a suit. A black suit.
 It's been following me for days now. I see it almost everywhere but home. And even then I know that some day it'll show up there, too. I don't know what I did, and I don't know what it wants. All it ever does is stare. Just stands there and stares. With that white, expressionless, featureless face. It never says a word. But I guess it's silly of me to expect it to talk, it has no mouth. Yet I wouldn't be surprised. This creature seems to be able to bend the laws of physics. Every scientific discovery, out the window. I was at the local high school visiting my old teachers. I was standing on the third floor and when I glanced out the window for no particular reason, there it was. It's shoulders just above the window sill. Staring. When the teacher I was visiting at the time realized I was staring out the window, he looked, too. But when he asked me what I was looking at it became clear I was the only one able to see it. I took off out the class room and went down stairs to the classroom right below that. I poked my head in, pretending to look for someone. Right there in the window were the legs of this thing. Stretched out. Whatever this thing is it can grow it's body to unreal proportions. Every time I see it I expect it to stretch it's arms out to me and pull me in. But it never moves when I see it. And it's never touched me.
 I have considered that I might be going crazy. A psychologist going crazy. Driven mad by her own work. But I have tested myself. I've conducted all types of tests on myself since this started happening. Nothing ever shows up. I'm perfectly sane. For now anyways.
 This all started four days ago. I was driving to this very park for my nephew's birthday party. The road to this park is also surrounded by trees. This whole town is one big forest. About a mile from the park I drove past a man standing on the side of the road. I didn't get to see him very clearly but he was wearing black and just standing there by a large cork tree. I was going too fast to see what he was doing or if he needed help. But if he needed help couldn't he have just walked to the park to ask for assistance? His legs were fine. He was standing alright. I've hypothesized that this thing, whatevers' following me, is a ghost. The spirit of that man I passed that day. He must have been in serious trouble. I must have been the last person to see him before he died. That's my guess anyways. Funny, isn't it? A psychologist hypothesizing about ghosts? But I'm not laughing. This thing is stalking me. Whatever it is.
 So why did I come back to this park? I wanted answers. I've been here for about two hours now. I searched the side of the road where I seen the man, and the area around there. I searched all the way up to the playground and the picnic tables in the clearing. I couldn't find anything so I started roaming around the camping grounds and hiking paths. Now I've gotten myself into this situation. I don't know what to do. If I run, will it follow me? It never moves when I'm looking at it, maybe I should try running backwards? No, that's foolish. Maybe I should-

 It just disappeared... Right before my eyes...


© 2012 BattleAxePirate


Author's Note

BattleAxePirate
You're supposed to put yourself in the place of the person speaking. Hope you enjoy it, and if you have any comments/suggestions, let me know down below!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: White, masks, and, sick, faces, horror, experimental, slender, blog, man


Author

BattleAxePirate
BattleAxePirate

That little place between imagination and reality



About
If I don't let out my creativity I'll explode o.o so most of the time I write to let it out. I don't really take my writing seriously, it's more for fun. So on that note I guess you could say that it .. more..

Writing
I I

A Chapter by BattleAxePirate