Scarred

Scarred

A Poem by Breanna Berry

If I were to tell you how much I hurt, I would have to show you my scars. The problem is, you cannot see these scars... for they are imprinted on my heart, my emotions, and my soul. My scars are only unveiled through my actions, in a constant reminder that life has dealt me an unfair hand. I carry them with me everywhere I go, trying to blanket them with a smile. If I were to unmask even just a slight peek of these horrendous scars, I'm afraid you would no longer view me the same. A whole lifetime of abuse must have stripped me of my sanity and abandoned me this way.... Crazy I may be, but tortured is how I feel inside this prison cell. Day in to day out, I hastily try to stitch myself back together... Pricking and poking my thoughts, trying to clench a grip on a new purpose. Suddenly, I realize the scars have become much tougher and a lot harder.... I manage to break a smile with the knowing that the very same scars that I've tried to desperately conceal for so long, will soon become my precious armor.... ready to protect me in all of life's next battles!

© 2018 Breanna Berry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
UN
Makes the reader wonder what struggles are being referred to, but gives very little away except the feeling they produce, which is powerful. I liked how it's like a 'prose poem'.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you so very much for the kind words! This poem definitely hits me on a very personal level... .. read more
UN

6 Years Ago

No problem :)
Such a heartfelt emotional read.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Alex! I appreciate the review and am so glad you enjoyed it! :)
This is a beautiful heartfelt work. I could imagine the pain and it tore me apart. Im beyond proud of you my sweet lady. Please keep it up

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you, sweetheart. You're my motivation! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

497 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2018
Last Updated on February 14, 2018
Tags: Sad, uplifting, reality

Author

Breanna Berry
Breanna Berry

Red Bay, AL



About
Hey guys! My name is Breanna and I'm 25 years old. I have been writing since I was in high school, but mostly drafts that I always end up throwing away lol. But anyway, I hope you all enjoy whatever I.. more..

Writing