& I loved her

& I loved her

A Story by Tori Belle
"

A character dwells on his first love.

"

I loved her, it feels like I always have and I know part of me always will. She impacted me in a way that most people can only dream of. We didn't have that crazy romantic relationship that most girls always watch and read about. She wasn't the perfect girl and I wasn't the perfect guy and the two of us together were not perfect together. Perfect, something completely free from faults or defects. No, I wouldn't call any of what we had as perfect, we had our moments of flaws. But we were happy and we couldn't have wished for anything more, and that is what really counts.


People might have described her a hot, sassy, or amazing. Saying that would be true, but she was much more than just that. See, people are only their true selves when they are around a small select group of people. I didn't admire her for who she was around other people. I loved who she truly was. I was mesmerized by the way her hair moved as she walked. If I could define happiness with a sound, it would be her sweet laughter. I would wake up to look over at that solemn and naturally gorgeous face as she slept. You couldn't help but stare when she danced to her favorite song in the car. Above all, I loved to watch her read. She devoured books like they were her only way to survive, and in some ways, I guess they were. A small piece of her long colored hair covering part of her dark brown eyes as she scanned line after line. She talked about her books like they were real stories, and like the characters were her best friends because to her, they were just that. She wasn't just looks or comebacks. She was a person, a person who you would want to know everything about. And once you knew everything about her you would still want to learn more.


To love, to have a passionate affection for another person. That is was the case with her. I had this profound desire for her. But she was like a beautiful sunset, and I was a haze, blocking her potential beauty. We had a happy love and although people deny it and the others mock it...I loved her.

© 2014 Tori Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014

Author

Tori Belle
Tori Belle

CA



About
15 years and dreaming of getting good pay for my writing and wanting to travel the world. She was in love with cities she'd never been to and people she'd never met. She loved mysteries so much she.. more..

Writing
idk yet 2 idk yet 2

A Poem by Tori Belle