Spitzer And McGreevy

Spitzer And McGreevy

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

A silly poetic rant - inspired a little by a convo with Jenny Davis earlier.

"

Spitzer and McGreevy

 Sitting in a tree

Another sex scandal

In the government, playing free

 

Whats with all these politicans

Who use their power to play

When will there be someone loyal

The people who'd want them to stay

 

They use their money

Forget about family trust

Using all the gold in their pockets

Filling them with greed and lust

 

Silly politicians,

They preach to all thats right

Hypocritical tactics

When will they see the light?

 

Spitzer and McGreevy

Most likely running free

Running away from the law

Kissing in an Aussie tree.

 

 

 

Jim McGreevy the Elf Governor of NJ     Eliot Spitzer the swine Gov of NY

© 2008 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


Author's Note

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
I'm sure you've all heard about these govenors, McGreevy (New Jersey) running off to Australia with one of aides (i think) - and now there is another one - Spitzer of NY in prostitution ring.

Ahh the sweet pleasurable smell of government corruption.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh big friggin deal a politician's dirty laundry is actually aired? LMFAO ya know they are quite dumb the governor of NY should have paid more people off and then his prostitution ring could have been a secret. No big news, the politicians are corrupt and there's drugs in the water...welcome to the real world lol. Great poem though

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Gov. Spitzer's resignation was not entirely voluntary, because Republican leaders were busy drafting Articles of Impeachment.
What was Spitzer's impeachable offense? The "lowest" crime in the book.
The Founding Fathers wanted Impeachment to be used for "High Crimes" like treason, bribery, war crimes, and subverting the Constitution itself. Eliot Spitzer committed no "High Crimes" - but George Bush and Dick Cheney most certainly have, and they continue to do so with absolute impunity.
Where's the justice?

Posted 16 Years Ago


Being from Canada, news about the NJ governor is totally new to me. But, than again, whats a little sex without a political scandal attacted to it. Love, how you mix in the rhyme that kids uses, when they see one of their kissing. Can't remember the last sex scandal to hit Canadian politics. Pity. Thank you for sharing this humourous ditty with us.

Therisa

Posted 16 Years Ago


new york deserves better than that fool. pataki should have run for another term - pataki has more intelligence in his pinky than spitzer has in his entire body.

maybe bloomberg will run for governor in 2010. he has a pretty good shot, imo.

great poem. just goes to show that nobody is perfect...

Posted 16 Years Ago


Heh! Don't know if you've heard about a new british movie called 'The Bank Job'? Its about the biggest sex scandal in our history, involving not just government officials, but also a certain member of the royal family...

Loved this! You've nailed the sarcastic wit and written a fantastic piece! If I had a hat, I'd take it off!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well considering the rape and pillage of our government going on in Washington... a little sex doesn't bother me too much. LOL I liked your poem, though. Very well done. Gave me a giggle.

Posted 16 Years Ago


yup i heard about them. i didn't know what you were talking about earlier with the whole government corruption but now i do lol. good job :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ha! Ha! As usual entertaining and well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Had it not been for this write I would have just ignored the the prostitution ring scandal and I already forgot about McGreevy to be honest, but thank you for making it interesting and even comical.

That kind of thing is just so rampant in politics. I agree that it doesn't change the good things they've done (although I don't know if they did anything at all). Realistically though whatever good they did will certainly be outshined by their misdeeds. Am I the only one who thinks it's NOT ok for immoral actions to be commonplace in our government? I'm glad they quit. Personally I just want someone with better morals in office. But that's just my opinion. Again thank you for the giggle!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The laws of attraction...like attracts like. Corruption will gravitate toward more corruption. This was a fun lighthearted stab. I enjoyed it.
~Lorraiyne

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it's amazing how good politicians get forgotten because of their sexual discretions. Not that they are right... but sex and alcohol is all wrapped up in Politics and it does not change the good things these guys did. To me the loyalty is pretty lame in the people that judge so quickly. Almost every single president had an affair. I don't justify their actions but I don't think they need to leave office either. Meanwhile Bush and Cheney kill, mame, teach people to torture and suck the country dry and NOBODY bats and eye at them. I just don't get it!
Your poem was good and it is even better because it provokes ranting! Hope you don't mind my tangent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 11, 2008
Last Updated on March 12, 2008

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..