The Romance Has Ended.

The Romance Has Ended.

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

I tried not to write something depressing, but im having trouble sleeping over something...so f**k it.

"

The roses have withered and died,

Along with my soul for every moment, you lied.

You gave me promises, I thought you would keep,

Take a knife to my heart that now weeps.

 

The champagne has gone flat,

Did you even love me for all the time well spent?

Struggling to get out the lies in my head,

Hanging to my life by a single thin thread.

 

The sweet candy kisses are now poisoned and vile,

Every emotion between us has become so hostile.

The love we once had, our once beautiful lives,

Now all we share together - hateful words like knives.

 

The romance has ended and our love is no more,

Picking my heart up off the bloodstained floor.

It hurts when I think of the times we once shared,

As I wonder in this sorrow, if you ever cared.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do know the feeling.. :)
The main feeling in this song isn't sadness - it's more along the lines of disappointment, while struggling with this strong feeling to no avail.
I really liked how you high-lighted the first row of every stanza, as it puts more emphasis on it.
The first line of the second stanza is a bit short for this rhythm - not sure if you've done that on intentionally or not.
Great flow as usual, and a nice rhyming scheme.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very deep and painful. Ooo, that was a good write. I think the last paragraph was the most powerful. It is very horrible when a relationship goes way sour. Im so deeply sorry for whatever happened. You deserve much better, and to be happy in your life. I love the font the pic, too :) *Hugs*

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is really beautiful. It is of course sad but it is well expressed. Fabulous work. Many Cheers

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"As I wonder in this sorrow, if you ever cared."

I think the same thing must haunt many people after a relationship ends. It's hard to imagine how someone could treat you so vilely and somehow loved you. More importantly it makes you wonder about everyone's definition of the word love.

A passionate poem that I'm sure many can sympathize with. Thank you for sharing it with us all.



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is good. Its sad. I guess we all have times of sadness. Very good flow. I liked this poem. Good write as always!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sad. Bitter. But its good to let such feelings out.

I like the rhyme and flow here.
Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting usage of the rose and bible at the end of the poem, to reinforce the message that your writing about. Betrayal of a close love one, like a parent or a lover, leaving you alone to the inner daemons which are plaguing your life. This poem hits very close to home for me, as you describe some of the feelings. That i need to deal with. Thank you for sharing this poem with us.


Therisa

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was a good piece, its dark not sure if its depressing, it could be a lithium dream? I dunno a good poem damn it and that's all that matters

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I do know the feeling.. :)
The main feeling in this song isn't sadness - it's more along the lines of disappointment, while struggling with this strong feeling to no avail.
I really liked how you high-lighted the first row of every stanza, as it puts more emphasis on it.
The first line of the second stanza is a bit short for this rhythm - not sure if you've done that on intentionally or not.
Great flow as usual, and a nice rhyming scheme.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2008
Last Updated on April 11, 2008

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..