Thots

Thots

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

I was bored and started writing.....and then i kept writing.

"

Money from your pockets

And someone is getting rich

No one really cares about you

To them you're just mentally sick.

 

Sick from the lies, deception fed.

A mouthful of poison,

Taking it all in

With no knowledge of the truth.

 

Corruption is the answer,

Politicians that are smarter than average.

They build up their kingdoms of greed

As they fall in the cesspool of destruction.

 

Everybody sins, what's the use for religion

When the world has been created in sin.

With war and never ending bloodshed

These lands are a battlefield for eternity.

 

Can't you hear it? Do you even listen?

The whispers and echoes of our past

The agonizing screams of death in silenced ears

For peace and freedom never to be granted.

 

To not one country,

Not even two or three.

Blood will keep shedding

'Til humanity is no more.

 

Mother Nature has joined

In the fight against all of humanity

Too consumed in their own fight

Of self destruction.

 

I keep wondering how long

Can something like this continue?

When there is more concern

For who did it and ran...in Hollywood.

 

Sighing in relief that there is little hope

For a world my generation has dreamed of.

But the nightmare of hell on Earth

Veers its ugly face in my own.

 

My thoughts continue to scream

Through the chaos that I must witness

Watching humanity and freedom

Dieing in the shadows of the night.

 

 

 

© 2008 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I found this very powerful for just being bored. You wrote on causes and pain, sorrow from what we do to each other each day. Sad but true!
My fav line:-----)
Everybody sins, what's the use for religion
When the world has been created in sin.
With war and never ending bloodshed
These lands are a battlefield for eternity.

Loved It. Well done. Although I you have something more going on in this piece. It shows through your words very strongly.
Thank you for sharing your gift!

Much love n respect,
Anna



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Absolutely brilliant hun. Man, uve sure said it best here. All these damn rich people, man...All they want to do is piss on us all. They are so damn conceited, and think they can buy the whole damn world, and make us pay for their mistakes. A******s, man. They are so damn corrupt and greedy, and think they know everything, it isnt funny. No wonder we're so damn overworked and depressed all the time. They should stop their complaining, shut their pie holes, and give back some of the money. That's what i think. This was phenomenal writing hun. Excellent work!! Good luck in the contest. Im definitely voting for this one hehe ;)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


very nice poem. and i fully agree with everything you wrote about. as for the poem itself, the ryhme pattern changed from stanza to stanza and though artfully arranged, the pattern through me off. but my hats off to you, because your words definitely hit home. and i think most people will agree. Good Job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OUCH. Gosh we think so alike. This piece is so great, but I must admit that title kept me away from it for a while. I don't know why....should it be thoughts?

Anyway....this poem speaks so much truth....I love the way you have Mother Nature fighting us ...why not? We have no respect for her anymore. Although....there are those of us who are awake...those of us who care. I wonder if good can overcome evil in a place built for chaos. Excellent write, Rayne...as always!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this poem I could relate to last week, another great write and on another note if we didn't need money to survive the world would be better. Money is the bane of everyone's existence.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very prolific write. Wow. Your words and phrases ring so true and haunting. This poem speaks very clearly about what I think about, daily. This is the best poem I've read in months, by far.

Chilling, but full of rare honesty, written in a form that is magnificent.

Brava!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your statement "enter my mind at your own risk" I loved your raving on, gimme more! I liked the wonderful idea of nightmare on Earth. Why don't they see it..wonderfully done, dear. be with me soon.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the anger and emotion are well described

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Damn damn damn. I wrote you an awesome review and my damn computer went stupid on me. I will have to see if I can remember it all.

Oh I f****n love this piece as it feels so much like my own words being recited back to me. The conviction and passion in which you wrote this was so amazing. The thoughts and feel of this felt so personal to me as it seemed as if my own thoughts, dreams, and ideas where being taken from my head and placed on a page and put into motion. I am so glad and inspired that you wrote this piece. I think you will enjoy my new piece I am going to be putting up has a very similar feel and empowerment to it. I am glad to see your words once again.

Great Job!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very impressive piece ... flow is great in this and makes a powerful statement... great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!! This was just so strong and powerfull, very good write. Loved the prose and flow.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

589 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 6, 2008
Last Updated on June 6, 2008

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain