Nibbler And The Earthquake

Nibbler And The Earthquake

A Story by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

So just a few hours ago I experienced my first earthquake in New Jersey. I have experienced them before but I was never actually on solid ground, usually I'd be in a car and not feel a thing.

 

Sitting here at my desk, thinking about writing and doodling just waiting for the clock to tick tock tick its way to the end of the day. The ground started shaking. I looked up thinking it was one of my 3 cats trying to bother me, or they were clawing at my chair as they usually do. Nope --My 2 boys, Camelot and Cancun- were sound asleep on the couch and even as everything swayed and shook --they didnt move a muscle.

 

 

My kitten, Nibbler, on the other hand known for her insane personality and somewhat timid behavior started freaking out and looking around wondering what was going on as she sat on the desk next time. At first, she was trying to stable herself and keep her balance on the edge of the desk with all her paws sprawled out, then WHACK! --- she pawed me with claws out and meowed at me. I believe she was thinking that I was the one doing the bothering and wanted me to stop before she swayed herself to fall of the desk. I guess thats what I get for wanting to yell her for bothering me when she really wasnt.

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love cats. Never owned one myself, but I used to play with the strays growing up, and I know everything there is to know about how crazy they can get. Hope she didn't paw you too badly.

BTW - great cat name. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hahaha the only animal in my house that realized anything was going on was my rabbit Bam, the other bunny didn't take any notice and the dogs didn't even bother we slept through the whole damn thing. Poor Nibbler

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on August 23, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing