My Secret Garden

My Secret Garden

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

I'm sure everyone has their 'sanctuary'. This is mine.

"

I sleep to dream the chaos away underneath the moonlit skies. Clouded visions enter inside my mind, taking me on a journey to a world of enchantment and serenity.

 

Through the shimmering vines, a golden gate awaits me...and only I hold that special key to unlock such a sturdy gate.

 

Opening the door of technicolor dreams, flowers aligned against the pathways of gold leading the way through the garden.

 

My everlasting tears flow into the rivers that feed my special place with life and beauty while listening to the sweet sounds of the waterfalls in the distance of the mountains - gentle whispers that lead me closer in as the soft breezes caresses my cheek, with the flowing aroma of lillies and purple haze lilacs overwhelming every sense of my being.

 

Underneath my weeping willow tree surrounded by emerald green --finally I'm at an escape from the reality of the outside world. Surrounded by my beauty and the muses of inspiration, holding my deepest secrets and truths, binding them tightly in these vines.

 

Alone in nature's beauty.....My secret garden.

 

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


Author's Note

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Based on a dream.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a magical, wondrous way with words, there's a depth that you have that reaches deep into the core...well done x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahh, beautiful :D It lightens up the spirit to a high peak. My serenity is in the forest, actually. There, Im in control of my own world, where im alone and i can just take it all in and reflect. It's amazing what nature can do. Great write!! :)

M.

Posted 12 Years Ago


tears of sorrow tears of joy ..what would the world be without beginnings and endings without emotion without reaching for ..life

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hats off to your imagination and beautiful english

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem reminds me of something that is somewhat of a dream to me as well. That world that I tap into when I'm writing, where anything is possible. I love how you mentioned the gate and key; when I have writer's block, it feels as though I've misplaced my key and have to find it. Overall, it's just beautifully done. I love the imagery and the flow. I also love the smell of lilies and lilacs, so I could imagine myself in the midst of it fairly easily. you also picked beautiful pictures to go along with it, which makes it that much better. Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There's an intimation that the garden and you are one, divided by time, a rose there...... an orchid here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Saved to my favorites :-) Very beautiful poem. I love the picture you picked out for it as well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fluid movments and traced rememberance really negate the flow of the piece, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 3, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing