Jekyll and Hyde

Jekyll and Hyde

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Lost in the darkness, barely able to recognize my own reflection. Trying to get a grip on the beauty of life, found in some other world I've come to know and love. Who is this person looking back at me? Fragile and broken with a hoarse voice from the screaming for relief inside her empty soul.

 

 I am divided. Stricken between the misery of heartache and the happiness of just being alive and enjoying the moments of a lifetime. Hoping to sever these binds that embrace me in the depression and sadness of being alone. Stuck between this tug of war between good vs evil, happiness and depression in my own mental state of mind.

 

Decide which is the right direction. My destiny. Jeykll and Hyde.

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The trick is that when ever in life you come to a "Y" in the road of your life...always turn.."RIGHT"...not "WRONG" follow in His footsteps always..Kathie

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very sad, emotional, and personal.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The Jeykll and Hyde are sometime needed in a life. Hard to keep a real face on sometimes. I like the story in your poem. I believe we need to try to leave the B.S behind and hope for good things. A strong ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


i see beauty in life, i also see beauty in death ..as the leaf dies it makes itself beautiful .. but as the tree grows and bears its fruit that is also beautiful. there is good and there is bad sorrow and joy we must live through it all, and then perhaps die beautifuly.. or at least in a beautiful way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Superb work. The picture of crunched self between the strong pull from both the happy and dark side of our self is intense and people can relate to it so well. I think everyone has a good and a bad side to their self, its their own choice (and the intervening circumstances) that shape a person's attitude. (This sounds more like universal truth than my own personal view-point, lol)

Anyway, brilliant work. The confusion is so well depicted in the last line.

Posted 12 Years Ago


To embrace the darker half...........it took me years to come to terms with this due to my Christian upbringing. But to deny my other half was costing me too much grief, depriving me of creativity, taking me deeper into depression. Beautiful writing my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Stuck between this tug of war between good vs evil, happiness and depression in my own mental state of mind. A state that many of us find ourselves in from time to time......very well penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I taught J&K in my Eng. lit. class for 7 years. Its a tragic story. For all my trained self understanding, I wish I could have said more to the enthusiastic faces looking at me in class. We arrived at the part where the lab door is broken down and Hyde lies crippled on the floor, a testament to what the kids say these days - that no good deed goes unpunished.

At this point, all our theology in the world says one thing - ' get up and go do the next thing.' Its the only thing it can say. It saw how ' man-the-life' got up and just walked into existence, from nothing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this is incredible wording!!! Tragically, heartbreakingly beautiful. U are such a great person, let me tell u. That one person will be the luckiest person in the world when he meets you, hehe :D I've dealt with what you've talked about here as well, and am still goin thru it. Trying to think of what each day will bring, and how to react to it, and what kind of person i will be or become. There's some days where everything's good, and im happy or smiling and good thoughts are in my head, and then there are some just really crappy days, where everything's just gone wrong, and im bitchy, callous, and misanthropic and stuff, and i just want to flat out die, heh. But, it's hard, i can't lie. Each day is a definite battle for me, i must say. But, i know that the good days are the best days, though :) Great piece!! *hugs*

M.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting write for sure, the internal struggle is heart wrenching. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

497 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2011
Last Updated on September 7, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..