A Poem For Jamey

A Poem For Jamey

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Another child's life gone,

Just for being gay

I can't help but sit and wonder

How everything got this way?

 

What happened to expression?

And finding yourself in life?

Now that taunting and bullying

Has become life's most biggest strife.

 

Innocence taken by ignorance

It breaks my heart in two.

Wishing that I could have been a friend

One to help you manage through.

 

Your memory will never leave,

Its locked tight within our minds.

Peace for you at last my friend,

On this Earth it was hard to find.

 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pb1CaGMdWk

 

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/ --- Supporting LBGT youth.

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


Author's Note

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Jamey Rodeymeyer was 14 yr old kid from Buffalo, NY who was gay. Tragically AGAIN due to bullying another young life is gone for being who he was. I never met the kid, I dont even know his family or friends. But I decided to write something for him anyway.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it's beyond tragic~it's inexcusable~ your poem opens the soul of us~ bullying should be considered a criminal act~ and hold not just the bullies but their parents accountable~ violence against others stems from bad or neglectful parenting and anyone who disagrees has never encountered the devastation bullying which is torture leaves behind~ this subject dominates my life~I've been active to push reps. to mandate bullying a s a criminal act~ I was lucky enough to have a strong self asserrtive core instilled in me from birth on~ but I've seen the little hellions enact outragiously emotiona/mental/physical abuse against others who were either not given the skills to counteract or didn't know how to develop it~in school Sister mary always used to tell me I did all the wrong things( beat the f**k out of the victimizers) for the right reasons ( to protect those who couldn't protect themselves~ I instilled the same sense of justice in both my daughters~ the will never be victims and neither will they abide the little sh*t victimizers~ here in Jersey we have in writing the anit bullying act~ unfortunately~ and my 15 year old lets me know in no uncertain terms~ in the school system it's rarely adressed when issues of bullying occur~ so let's make it criminal~ punishable by time in a juvenile detention center and levy a hefty f***ing fine against the obviously oblivious or indifferent parents or care providers~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very sad... i great tribute to a life taken too soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a sad. And because he is just a child........makes it much worse! A powerful tribute to remind people what bullying can do to a person. xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


So sad........wonderfully written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


it's beyond tragic~it's inexcusable~ your poem opens the soul of us~ bullying should be considered a criminal act~ and hold not just the bullies but their parents accountable~ violence against others stems from bad or neglectful parenting and anyone who disagrees has never encountered the devastation bullying which is torture leaves behind~ this subject dominates my life~I've been active to push reps. to mandate bullying a s a criminal act~ I was lucky enough to have a strong self asserrtive core instilled in me from birth on~ but I've seen the little hellions enact outragiously emotiona/mental/physical abuse against others who were either not given the skills to counteract or didn't know how to develop it~in school Sister mary always used to tell me I did all the wrong things( beat the f**k out of the victimizers) for the right reasons ( to protect those who couldn't protect themselves~ I instilled the same sense of justice in both my daughters~ the will never be victims and neither will they abide the little sh*t victimizers~ here in Jersey we have in writing the anit bullying act~ unfortunately~ and my 15 year old lets me know in no uncertain terms~ in the school system it's rarely adressed when issues of bullying occur~ so let's make it criminal~ punishable by time in a juvenile detention center and levy a hefty f***ing fine against the obviously oblivious or indifferent parents or care providers~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is tragic and yet, we cannot deny that this is the only incident we have witenessed in our life where the insensitivity of some has led to an end of an innocent life. This also highlights the need of opening up to someone you trust and love. It is so well said and we all hope, that he finally finds peace which the people could not give him down here.
Very well written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A tragic end to a young person's life. The poem was great and I felt the emotion that you were trying to convey. A good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks for bringing awareness to this increasingly upsetting problem. I loved the poem. It's about time we stop turning away from this issue.

Posted 12 Years Ago


All to real in this sometimes cruel world, a sad ending...well written...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I know this story very well and I applaud your poem and I agree with all you have said. I do not understand peoples ignorance around sexuality, its obscene and tragic that a boy had to die to feel free..thank you for sharing...xxx

Posted 12 Years Ago


The issue of gender is a situation made complex by the excitation it serves and the critical matter of reproduction. Within its experience is also the search for the true. It is said that, when the student is ready, the master will arrive, that one is never exposed to an event before we are ready. When we hear of someone facing overwhelming odds, we wonder whether he was denying his readiness to deal with it.


A good social hostess, concerned with trends, would wonder about that too. An inquiry into social norms would need to be balanced with individual initiative on the issue. We are co-creators.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on September 22, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing