A Deadly Love

A Deadly Love

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
"

Inspired by Otep - "Crooked Spoons" about the world's love for violence.

"

What goes up must come down, we built her up now she's crumbling away in the ugliness of it all, as the world drowns in a never-ending sea of greed and violence. And the symptoms are visible....and we are trapped into submission but go on with our lives sanitized in the bloody pools of excuses hiding from the truth. A problem within society's walls. Succumbing to a mouthful of poision, a government feeds - "submit or be a traitor".  

 

The colors of Old Glory bleeding on every country's doorstep. For greed. For freedom...Red for the blood of the innocent. White for the lies being fed just so we can stay silent in the mist of it all. Blue for the tears Lady Liberty sheds for her own.

 

War rages on in the house of white. Like gladiators, fighting in a battle of wits with their mighty swords of excuses from their tongue. Empty promises of change never to see the light of day in the surrounding misery, but life goes on for the normal.

 

America's dream. America's destiny. America's fate.

The American dream.

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


Author's Note

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Also watching too much politics on tv.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holy moly! That was a powerful, insightful and proper assesment of today's America wrapped in a solemn poem. A terrific write. The line:" The colors of Old Glory bleeding on every country's doorstep." is so impactful and full of the wisdom of the day. Great Poem. I rated this very high.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The American dream has collapsed.

Its not the home of the brave or the land of the free...its nothing more than just a bunch of idiotic Republicans trying to get each dollar in their pockets and Democrats trying to save the world like if they have power. The wars are in part necessary but when killing millions of innocent people its a problem. All I can say is that you have a powerful point and I respect that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful, this is a brilliant piece of writing, x

Posted 12 Years Ago


high octane truths delivered with the fierce passion of one who cares~one who sees the injustice in the colors and the stains~ truly moving with needles of pain getting deep into the psyche~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kudos for speaking out and being brutally honest of the world we face today. Perfect truthful write. Its time we people start standing up for our country.


Posted 12 Years Ago


I do my best not to listen to the Politicians. These are support to be educated men and woman? Can't get together and solve problems. Want to pass the blame to other people. Time to fix problems. Not create them. Your words are true. There are good and bad days for a country. Easy to fix. Go back in time and see what the great leaders did to solve problems. Not create them. A powerful poem. Made me think.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool write on in the inner ideals of modern government and the antics of the elite...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how nicely you captured the truth. You did a beautiful job on this piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A country is also ideals and values. For as long as those values are held firm by the folks in the country and by believers all over the world, that nation or the world will never perish. Some glitches along the way may make weary the mind of the impetous, particularly, the affeble child, who needs something every minute to keep going, and his grandpa who promises the child everything.....there are ways to manage that. But I would be failing in my duties if I mentioned that here. A poem that warns of the rigors of too many lovers.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2011
Last Updated on September 29, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Secrets Secrets

A Poem by ImagineItAll


Supernova Supernova

A Poem by Robin


Night Calls Night Calls

A Poem by Linear


Love Lies Love Lies

A Poem by Linear