Chapter Three.

Chapter Three.

A Chapter by Beckycharliee
"

...

"
I looked away, trembling, hiding the fear that was appearing on my face behind my book. I had a horrible feeling in my gut. It felt as though my stomach would cave in and leave me gasping for air. Peering to my right, I felt his eyes on mine. I swiveled my head back to the book. Reading, looking for an excuse to take my mind of things. I couldn't handle this.
" Okay class, we have two new students, and I'd like mentors to show them around. So, Chase, Bailey could you please come to the front of the room." They arose from their seats and took a place at the front of the room, next to Miss Varner's desk. Bailey was small and puny, with glasses that were placed on the bridge of his nose. Whilst talking about himself, and where he had originally studied at. My gaze drifted away and fell upon Chase. He was tall, black hair shaved behind his ears, his t-shirt was tight, muscles nicely displayed. He turned his head to peek at me, his eyes met with mine, and in them short seconds my breathe had flew away, his eyes were dark and shiny, his skin perfect and spotless. He looked away as Miss Varner asked for him to describe himself, clearing his throat, he spoke in a posh English accent.
"Hello." Giving a mini wave, which made me giggle. "I just moved here from London." He cut the speech short and stood, hands in his pockets.
"Ugh. Well, that was, lovely, we need mentors for these two so, Fern could you show Bailey around and Karma as do you for Chase." Hearing my name I flicked my head up. I gave a sigh, I could feel all eyes on me. I had to sit at the front.
"Of course, I can." I mumbled.

Can't.
  Won't.

We got on with the lesson, I occasionally talked to Fern about the weekend, where I'd been, what I'd done. And vise-versa. I couldn't help feeling a tinge of happiness of the fact I'd be showing him around, even though I'd known what he'd done to me.  The bell rang and a class cheer sounded. Pulling my bag from under the table and sliding my resources in the pocket, I felt a warm hand tap my shoulder. I turned around, expecting to see Fern. It was him, his teeth a glimmering white, his smile stretching up to his eyes. I smiled back, being polite. This couldn't be him, he was being nice to me, he'd tried to kill me before, then it dawned on me... The mystery man who had tried to kill me. He said he had a brother, this boy... The one standing in front of me looked exactly like him, maybe Chase was the brother?

"So, we best be off, huh?" He asked me, his voice making me fuzzy.
"Ugh, yeah, where do you wanna go?"
"The gym?" I stared at him, no kidding, he was buffer than a normal jock, a professional athlete even.
"Okay, ugh, its this way..."
He stared at me, laughing, I wasn't particularly pleased about this. I felt like turning and smacking him in the mouth. I couldn't do this, I wouldn't attempt it, keeping my eyes on the flooring, we edged closer to the Gym.
"Um, this is it." I said, nervously, pointing towards the double doors. He stepped forward and pushed them open.
"Thanks, catch you later." He said, with a hint of flirtation.
I nodded approvingly, doubt he'd talk to me, I'm only here because the teacher asked me to show him around. That's all.

I sprinted across the yard, towards the deserted bench at the end. I saw it and sat down, covering my face with my soft hands. I wept. Why'd this happen to me? First my mother passing away, and now the strange male who'd attacked me on the way to school. Wiping my eye, clearing trace of tears, I picked myself up and turned around.
I tripped over someones foot. Pushing my body of the ground, and brushing away the muck, I swiveled and saw Chase.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine..." He wouldn't believe me, even I wouldn't believe me.
"Your an awful liar, I know somethings wrong." Reaching towards my face, he placed his hand on my cheek, brushing away the remains of my tears. His hand made its way up to my hair. The cold touch sent a shiver down my spine. I pushed away.
"What are you doing?" I asked. Shivering, stepping backwards as I spoke, he moved closer.
"Just being a friend." He was reminding me too much of this morning. I moaned.

Go away. I thought.

Not without a fight...

I froze. That wasn't me. I turned and sprinted down the path. I could here thoughts in my head, going faster and faster, making me dizzy. I slowed at the fence, my head bulging, red and painful. I heard footsteps coming towards me. I had nowhere to go.

I was trapped.


© 2011 Beckycharliee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
Added on February 3, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011
Tags: Chase, My, Guardian, Becky, Storm, Darina, Raven, Fern, Miles, Karma, Angel


Author

Beckycharliee
Beckycharliee

Newcastle , North East, United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Becky. Music is my life, I listen to rock and screamo, my favorite band has to be Avenged Sevenfold or Black Veil Brides. I read Dark Romance novels, I love the Morganville Series. I LOVE GOIN.. more..

Writing