What am I?

What am I?

A Story by Myrmidon
"

A recent Creative Styles homework assignment i did. Also didnt know what to put for genre.

"
A Factory’s machines melted the materials that were required to make me. They poured them into a mold before filling me with black power and sealing off my opening with a round metal. I was packaged and spaced evenly apart from other’s that looked just like me in a box. It was dark in the box, and I couldn’t even move around or roll. I was just forced to be still there. When the box was finally opened and I could see the light again I watched the others get picked up one by one. I wondered where they were going.
I had heard many loud bangs, each followed by a sound that sounded like metal bouncing on concrete. Then it was finally my turn to get picked up. The person who had taken me from the box picked up another box. This one was thinner and longer and made of metal. I was scared, but then I heard another person shouting: “Don’t be afraid to waste them, they were made for this!”
A sense of calm and ease came over me. This was my purpose. The person pushed me against a chunk of metal that sat on top of a spring that extended deep into the long metal box. The person put pressure on me and pushed the chunk of metal down, sliding me into the box as the person did so. Then he let go, and the metal pressed up against me. But the metal box kept me inside as the person slid more and more of the others into the box.
Then the metal box that encased me was slipped into a strange L looking box. A click sounded; then two more. The bangs resumed after that; after each bang was more metal hitting concrete, and each time a bang sounded, I moved up. The next thing I knew I was at the top of the box again. A strange pain lanced from my back as something hard struck me. The powder inside me ignited and the round metal cap I had erupted from me with a bang just like the others. Then I was soaring through the air"ejected from the L box. I too eventually clattered on the floor and was left there to roll.

......what am i?

© 2012 Myrmidon


Author's Note

Myrmidon
Just for fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on May 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012
Tags: What, Am, I, Creative, Styles, home, Work, Assignment, guess, Mystery

Author

Myrmidon
Myrmidon

CA



About
Hey! Welcome to my page. I am mostly a Fantasy/Adventure/Action writer, but have attempted to write dramas too. i LOVE to read almost any kind of story that gets me curious, interested, or excited, et.. more..

Writing
Shiva Shiva

A Book by Myrmidon