Baby Bella

Baby Bella

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

The cat whom I love has a story about her!

"

The notice was a piece of A4 paper, simple and plain, yet the words written upon it made me shiver with excitement - Four kittens and one mother need to have a good home by FRIDAY. Please come and pick one up. Underneath was an address and a telephone number.

I quickly grabbed my parents and showed them the notice. They both looked at each other wearily, knowing how much I desired a cat. In the end, Dad said suddenly "We'll go see."

I was giddy with joy. I ran from the huge, over-flowing noticeboard to the car, opened the back door and climbed in, waiting for my laughing Mum and Dad to follow. After making note of the address, they both clambered in and off we drove.

"Darling," Dad said to me, "We are not going there immediately. We are going home first, to drop Mum off and get a cardboard box and blanket - in case we do bring a kitten home." I felt like screaming, and so as soon as we pulled into the driveway I raced out of the car, yelling fit to burst. Dad told me to go get a large cardboard box, and I did, selecting the cleanest, most comfortable box that I could find in the pile. Dad come out of the house carrying a worn old blanket. We both sat in the car... and we were off!

We pulled up outside the house, which was a small two-bedroom townhouse. It was slightly scruffy, with over-grown grass and flowers scattered around the gardens. Up the front stairs we walked, and Dad knocked on the door.

A Chinese man answered. We introduced ourselves as potential buyers of the kittens he was housing.

"Phew!" he said. I put that notice up three days ago. You are the first person to come here. If no one else comes by Friday they will be off to the SPCA."

He explained that he was leaving for China on Friday, but hadn't been expecting his cat to give birth! "Please take one," he implored, leading us to where they were.

In a bedroom, the Mother cat suspiciously sniffed my hand before deeming me 'Okay'. She meowed, and three tortishell-and-white kittens bounded up, followed by a black-and-white one, a spitting image of his Mother.

Dad gave me a big grin. "Choose one," he instructed. Over the moon, I faced the three girl kittens - I had no intentions of having a boy cat spraying everywhere.

One little girl seemed very playful and active, and I immediately took a shine to her. She played with me endlessly, not letting the other two have any business with me. But then I looked more closely at the other two.

One seemed stuck-up, and I didn't like her at all. But the other, quite obviously the runt, was looking at me with the cutest exspression I had ever encountered.

My heart had never melted so fast. I picked up the kitten and studied her - she had a black patch over one eye and a ginger patch over the other. Her tail was a curious shade of dark, dark brown and her black was splotched with black and ginger. Her legs, stomach and most of her head was white.

Like a movie, I held her out to my Dad.

"That one."

© 2009 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Is it cute?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderfully simple and innocent with rich texture of detail. Life is enjoyed fully if we savor events such as this. Beautiful story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes, I love it, similar to my 'cat experience' but dad chose the cat other than me and my sisters fighting over them. We all had favourites when our cousins cat gave birth. They were all so cute. Bella, you could carry this to the stars!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i found it very cool i am wondering it there is number 2 to it

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2009
Last Updated on October 12, 2009

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing