Those who are Beautiful

Those who are Beautiful

A Story by Bella-Marie
"

A fiction story

"

They were indisputably beautiful, with hair of all texture and faces as smooth as a baby's skin.

Yet their beauty was a foreign one.

The woman leading the group was the most magnificent of all. She had beautiful chocolate skin that shimmered with it's smoothness. Her eyes were the colour of lavender and as she grinned, a set of perfect white teeth glinted in the sun-light.

Yet her lips were painted startling pink, with a crimson outline and a green streak through the middle. Her eyes were framed by heavy black-lashes and violet lids. Her cheeks were smudged perfectly with a colour that should have been a pearly sky-blue - but instead it was much brighter, bolder, more intense. Her hair was blue-black, braided intracately into a crown that stayed rigid, even as she walked.

And what clothed the beauty?

A huge yet plain canary-yellow cloak enveloped the woman's neck, then flowed out to cover her arms, legs and torso. Only her bare feet (slender and perfect), her head and her long, dainty hands were spared from the cloak.

Behind her were masses of men and women, all clothed in the same cloak, all with a surprising style of make-up caking their faces - some had the same colour throughout their face, and others had the same crazy - yet gloriously perfect - make-up idea as their leader.

And suddenly, they all dropped their cloaks in one swift movement, ceasing the walking they had been doing.

What they had underneath their cloaks stunned all.

© 2010 Bella-Marie


Author's Note

Bella-Marie
Is the cliff-hanger idea a good one???

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoy this very much. I want to know what's going on! Very good piece, love the descriptive wording.

And I think the cliff hanger is a great idea. It leaves your audience wanting more. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I.
Desperately.
Want.
Part.
Two!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh that's no fair! What was stunning? :) I love all the descriptive words! Are you going to go further? Is this all we get? Maybe a part 2? ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yeah it is great there are many posbilities in what you could think of

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was an interesting story and I would like to read more. The only part that confused me was, "Yet her lips were painted startling pink, with a crimson outline and a green streak through the middle." the green streak confused me. (where was it exactly?) overall, great story and nice cliff hanger.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I see a tag as alien but I thought they were human. Maybe you can add a line that specifies what makes them so different apart from their outstanding beauty. [Originally, before I saw the alien tag, I thought they were a human nudist colony.]

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm sorry, but I didn't understand it at all. Where were they? Who was watching? Were these people aliens or some monster that hid something horrible under their cloaks, or were they hiding something amazing and good? I didn't understand it, but it flowed nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

771 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 11, 2010
Tags: fantasy, aliens, beautiful, magnificent

Author

Bella-Marie
Bella-Marie

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand



About
See that picture? Yeah, the profile picture of me. Yeah, yeah, that one! Well, that's my cat, I know! She's so cute, eh! I love my cat, she's the bomb. No, you're cat can't me as good as mine... maybe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..