The Meeting

The Meeting

A Chapter by Belle Morte
"

This is not complete. Sorry. This is also a little bit of fan fiction. Acheron is a character from the Dark Hunter series by Sherriln Kenyon.

"

     We were meeting at the designated spot at midnight. The air was cold as I huddled in my little skirt and corsete outfit. There was a slight breeze when I heard the first hint of his approaching footsteps. Body clenching, I dropped to my knees as the dominating, powerful wave of the most primal male energy of this world hit me as his seven foot six in frame stepped out of the trees into the clearing.

     Acheron slowly walked towards me. I shivered, but no longer from the cold. With every step of his biker boots I felt the ground beneath me quake. Kneeling, arms at my sides, head bowed, his boots came into view first. We remained that way for what seemed like a few human lifetimes before he slowly went down on one knee before me. I smiled on the inside. He acknowledged that we were on equal ground. It was a major step for him.

     Acheron, Atlantean god of fate, among other things, was my equal in power. And to tell the truth, everything else as well. He is my lover, but never my only lover. We are both too old to be the only one to each other. Especially when that b***h Artemis thinks she owns him. We were the first beings to walk this Earth. We watched the cavemen discover the mystical power of the fire we gave them. We watched as civilization arose, and then fell. They were so primitive and yet, they were more sophisticated than the humans of this day. In those days, they were so naivé. But I got bored with their simplicity, and then I revealed us to them.

     I miss those days. They knew we were real. They saw the proof of our realities. They were so close to us genetically, they could actually feel our power, and with my help, or in truth, my permission, they could harness small parts of our powers, of the natural magic in their surroundings, of the world around them. They had direct connection to us.

     The power corrupted Acheron and me. We got carried away, as did the people. One human disaster and the spread of the population of the island of Atlantis, and I wiped clean the minds of the people. They remembered nothing of us, but our temples and relics remained. They created new pantheons based on the vague depictions and myths scattered around the world of us. Their complete and utter belief in what they interpreted from these small clues eventually brought these new gods and goddesses from nothing. The people created them. Their beliefs fueled the process, empowered them.

     They molded their shapes and forms, who they were, how they thought. They were exactly what they wanted them to be. They were abominations of I ever saw one. And Acheron let it happen; as the god of fate, he let them come in and ruin us. The civilization of the world started with the Atlanteans, Acheron's and mine direct descendents. They were sophisticated, but power hungry in nature now. Their weapons advanced as their own off-spring started attacking them on the island. Their gods had too much of the power now. They were out of control and Acheron couldn't fix it anymore. It was much too late for him to stop the destruction of our people, the beings we had nurtured and taught all the secrets of the power of our world, of our divine selves.

     Atlantis disappeared beneath the ocean, never to be seen by the living human eye. All the advancements of our first creations, lost. It was one of the most devastating events in my long memory. I still see the horror of it in my dreams.



© 2008 Belle Morte


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is beautiful and I find myself enchanted by it. Please write more or post more if you have it. I love creation/ancient history concepts and this one is powerful from the start.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is very good! I love the title. It was perfect for this story. I like the description. You never give a lot nor too little. I think that is one quality of a well written piece of literature!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2008
Last Updated on March 6, 2008


Author

Belle Morte
Belle Morte

Athens, GA



About
My passion is writing but I don't have all that much time to transfer my stuff from paper to the computer. Some of my stories also go along with other, already published books, but only loosely, eit.. more..

Writing
Yes, Sir Yes, Sir

A Poem by Belle Morte