Mirror, Mirror..

Mirror, Mirror..

A Poem by Beverly Jane
"

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall..

"
There's a lonely girl, stuck in our world. Every night, she stares up right. 'Mirror, Mirror," she cries. 'On the wall, take me away, take me far.' She goes, she flies. She no longer feels the need to fight. She's protected safe, never taken by hate.

But, she must go back.

Again she cries, 'Mirror, mirror, on the wall, take me away, take me far.' The mirror falls with a shattering break. Maki...ng it way too late. She screams and sobs, beginning to fall. Her image distorted, she knew she couldn't afford it.

'Mirror, mirror, I'm sorry. Mirror, mirror on the wall, take me away-' She picks up the shattered glass.. 'Take me far-' She takes the shattered glass, creating scars.

Marked, taken, forever shaken.

'Mirror, mirror, on the wall, I'm sorry you had to fall..'

'Mirror, mirror, on that wall.. here I am..I will fall..'

'Mirror, mirror, I will break with you..'

This glass puts her in the past, and she always knew..

she'd never last.

'Mirror, Mirror..'

'Mirror, Mirror..'

© 2013 Beverly Jane


Author's Note

Beverly Jane
Might trigger things, if you have or do self harm. Just letting you know..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on October 2, 2013
Tags: Angst

Author

Beverly Jane
Beverly Jane

About
Hello, wow! It's been a while since I have been on this site, it's almost like looking at a time capsule. It's been a while since I've had the same passion that I had back in high school for writing. .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Beverly Jane