"Waking The Dream"    PRELUDE

"Waking The Dream" PRELUDE

A Chapter by Sarai Akscyn
"

The character's name and prelude is a spin off of Walker Percy's "Movie Goer" ... I glimpsed a few blurbs and fell in love with the character and decided to write my own story.

"

"WAKING THE DREAM"    ... prelude
 
 

“There is space enough for both of our truths.”  She said matter of factly.

 

“You cannot know this…you don’t know the enormity of my truth”  Binx challenges her - summoning the throaty guttural up into his pressured statement.  The physicality of exclamation for his ‘inutterable’ truths.

 

“You know, Boo, I’ll make more space if you want.  Just say so.”  Emmy says.

 

 Binx turns his back to her and walks away, momentarily…

 

When he returns he hands her the steel wool pad.  Emmy places it neatly in the old wooden tool box alongside the 2K from the month of last.  Then she walks it over to the back door of the dirt cellar. 

 

Binx looks at the neglected black-over-mustard prayer bench.  He lifts his gaze, up from the dirt, as he hears her return.  She has a sea bag bundled in her embrace.   He collapses with an ease onto the primitive bench. 

 

He doesn't even need to see what’s in the sea bag.  He knows, instinctively, it will be enough.  



© 2008 Sarai Akscyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on September 12, 2008
Last Updated on September 12, 2008


Author

Sarai Akscyn
Sarai Akscyn

HI



About
Perched in the finest places in the USA from Maine, California, to Hawaii. Fascination with legalese; as well as a love for the written word. Dear Friends and Colleagues, Please know I'm aware of m.. more..

Writing