ONE'S POINT OF VIEW

ONE'S POINT OF VIEW

A Story by Bargavi

ONE’S POINT OF VIEW


An Old man stayed with his son, daughter-in-law and their children. As time passed away the old man lost his memory powers. He asks one question for every five minutes. So his son and daughter-in-law started avoiding going outside and stayed with him. Everyone thinks and also says that the old man has become their burden. On one fine day the old man was feeling uneasy and avoided taking food. He said others he is alright and his daughter-in-law will take care of him. But On the next day morning the old man died. Everyone came for his funeral. In some days the ceremony got completed and everyone has gone to their places. The old man’s son, daughter-in-law and their children still talks and remembers about him. Everyone says he was a burden for them but the family that took care of the old man says he was still a memory.


So what do you think?? Memory or Burden??


What’s your Point of View??

                                                                                                                          

© 2017 Bargavi


Author's Note

Bargavi
What do you think of the essay,grammar etc

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a subtle but honest appraisal of that fairly common happening. Methinks that one should try to help family, especially older members of it. All things being kind and amicable, they will have given love and help in their past, surely comes time to lovingly and respectfully repay them.

Your words are put in such fine order and style, As far as i know, English is not your first language so will admit there are a few errors, I know there is no way that I could use your language at all.. not a word! Congratulations for a post that you might well have worked at with great care.

Posted 10 Months Ago


Oh wow! This is interesting story and love how readers can see this old man as two different view points (whether the old man is a burden or a memory). I love the mysteriousness in the story!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 10, 2017
Last Updated on June 10, 2017
Tags: Thoughts

Author

Bargavi
Bargavi

Chennai, TamilNadu, India



Writing