Wrong Ending

Wrong Ending

A Story by Daniel Winters
"

Sometimes, things just don't end the way they were supposed to

"

 

The blackness gave way to the dim confusion of white light. White light from the clinically bleached walls surrounding him, and the blinding glare of the light above. Noise’s swarmed him; the concentrated bustle of the people around, the rain on the nearby window, and the dark tones of the on-going world outside, never stopping. Infinite time stretched out to fill just a few seconds before the blackness enveloped him once more. Disorienting noises and dreams swirled around him in the blackness. Hopefully dreams. A shot rang out in blackness.  Visions of knees  crashing downwards, before colliding with the cold, hard ground. The rest of his body quickly followed. Blood seeped from his body to the feet behind him, the feet he tried to protect so hard. A second shot sounded, and a scream shook him awake. A scream that filled him, not with fear, but remorse, and disappointed anger. A swansong that filled his heart with the same blackness swirling around his head. A vision of nurse with a concerned face swam towards him, and through the static she told him a sad tale. An tale of good guys sacrificing themselves to protect the girl they loved so much. An old fashioned tale of love and stupidity. But it didn’t end the way it was supposed to. There was no setting sun to illuminate the lover’s faces as they turned to one another in the fading sunlight. They didn’t hold hands as they walked home together;  safe, sound and still in love. That’s not how the story ended. This story ended with dark clouds overhead, and the constant drumming of hard rain on the fogged up windows. 

© 2010 Daniel Winters


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 16, 2010
Tags: save the girl. ending, visisons, dreams, sacrifice

Author

Daniel Winters
Daniel Winters

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
Just a quiet guy, who likes loud stuff. Im proud to be Out of Step more..

Writing