Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Day My Life Shattered

The Day My Life Shattered

A Story by BikerAngie

I remember that day so clearly! I walked into the room and a hush came over it. Not one person acknowledge I was there. I was unaccustomed to this, I was always the center of everyone’s attention. I walked slowly over to the piano. I would make them notice me! They always noticed me when I played the piano. I sat down on the piano stool, and laid fingers on the keyboard properly positioning my fingers, positioning was very important. “Not now Sweet Pea” daddy said as he lead me away from the piano. Sweet Pea, that was what daddy always called me. “Where is mommy” I asked “and why are all these people here?”

Daddy lead me over to the couch and sat me down, sitting by my side, I watched as a tear ran down his check “Mommy’s gone Sweet Pea” he sighed and said “she went to be with the angels Hun” I knew mom had cancer and that she had not been well,but at eight years old you never truly realize how serious things like this really are.
My Aunt Sally came over and sat on the couch with us hugging daddy and I as she said “Your mommy will be watching over you know from haven”. I sat there realization sinking in, mom was gone, gone for good.

Twenty years latter I sat in my doctors office nervously awaiting the test results asas the doctor sat down I could tell the news was not good, his face spoke volumes as he said “Caroline, you have cancer”. The words struck me like a brick as I taught of my own 8 year old little girl sitting at home. I thought back to the day my dad told me mommy was gone.

© 2012 BikerAngie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
so sad...i also remember the day my mom had breast cancer...
though im not really 7 years old at that time
i was in high school already...
so i felt everything...
and i watch her suffer from day to day...until her death..


Posted 11 Years Ago


I wish to thank those who took the time to read and comment

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, this was painfully sad, but well written. you are good at making stories that are ironic, how in the end everything just ties together. nice work :D
- Mariah

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like the how this was written. It reminds me of my Grandma when i was little then in my senior year I lost my grandpa to cancer also but at least they are together again

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2012

Author

BikerAngie
BikerAngie

Deep Gap, NC



About
I am 47 soon to be 48 years old and beginning a new journey, I have bought a salvage Gold Wing GL1500SE which I am rebuilding to join a motorcycle prison ministry. The bikes name is Born Again she wil.. more..

Writing
GRACE GRACE

A Poem by BikerAngie