The Last Battle

The Last Battle

A Story by Snickers
"

A soldier looses his life in a battle and this is what happens.

"
“    I ran through the field shots coming from all directions. One passed right by my head, I needed more bullets, I need my daggers and sword. I needed to make it back to the camp, I forgot my weapons and another case of spare bullets.
    “Roger what are you doing?” My captain yelled at the top of his lungs.
    “I need more bullets, and I need my weapons!” I yelled back as I dodged a knife. I caught the man by his coat and slammed my palm to his nose, and broke it and threw him out of my way.
    “Hurry back, we need everyone at there posts!” He replied back faintly as I ran into the woods. I ran by the marks that were put on the trees. I ran into the camp towards my tent. I rummaged through my bag and snatched my daggers from the bag, and grabbed the bullet case sitting on the large saddle bag next to where I slept the night before.
    “Come on, Riley.” I snapped waking up my brother.
    “What?” He mumbled.
    “We need more people out there, we are getting beat.” I replied running back out into the battle.
How long will this battle rage, how long before we all die? I questioned myself quietly as I ran back onto the battlefield.
    I loaded my guns with the bullets in the case, and positioned the gun in my arms and I was ready for the battle. I sprinted to cover shooting as I hid behind a large pile of debris.
    I panted as I loaded the gun again. I popped my head over the debris and pulled the trigger shooting one of the horseback riders. I pulled out my daggers and ran, ran towards the men in the black suits. I sliced through, suddenly a pain went through my stomach I looked down and red stained my already stained white army outfit.
    I narrowed my eyes as I ran as far as I could slicing through the crowed with my daggers. My breathing became shallow, the gun shot that finished me off was the last thing I heard.
                                                            Now, I wish the best for you my love, do what is best for you and our children,

                                Love,
                                Your dead lover, Roger Williams.
            P.S. Don’t mind the blood it was written in, it is not anyone else's  but mine.

This is the story of my death, I have decided to reveal to you, Bethany. Do what you need to, always know I love you.”

    As I read this on the floor my heart skipped 3 beats. A letter written in blood, his blood, my lovers. I fell to my knees and let out a long wail, I placed my hand over my heart and held it there for a moment.
    I grabbed my necklace and cried myself to sleep on the wood floor. Waiting, hoping it wasn’t true, hoping he’d walk through that door any moment, and say “Honey I’m home.” and he’d place his white cap up forever and won’t fight another battle.

© 2010 Snickers


Author's Note

Snickers
This was a randomly made up story, i wanted to cry as I was writing it I am a big softy okay lolz

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The twist at the end f the story being a letter was somthing i idnt expect but in the letter he died before he wrote the letter.perhaps the soldier could know he is dying and say and then you could reveal that the wife recived the letter with his body. apart from that though it was a good story one that i enjoyed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I know I will fix that ASAP


Posted 13 Years Ago


This story is actually very good as I can imagine everything that is going on in it. I could visualise everything that went on with detail, which I think is hard to do in such a short space of time. crowed is spelt wrong.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2010
Last Updated on November 17, 2010

Author

Snickers
Snickers

Fun house, TX



About
Nothing to Put I am grounded for a while, and won't be able to get on any time soon... sorry every body Music Playlist at MixPod.com more..

Writing
Quest Quest

A Chapter by Snickers