I Wanna Be a Ho, Part Two � Attention Ho�s (Naga Uta)

I Wanna Be a Ho, Part Two � Attention Ho�s (Naga Uta)

A Poem by Blackbirdsong
"

Part Two in a continuing series dedicated to all the people I have come across in various online communities who have clearly read the same handbook.

"

 

  

To get what you want

Calculate manipulate

Have your friends join in

Victim play and victim do

Cry fake tears and smile

Run away and then come back

Whine out all your rage

Whisper made-up cruelties

Boo-hoo how you’re hurt

Play adult then cry baby

Pout moan sniffle scream

Count on idiots and friends

To come to your side

They won’t think they’ll just react

Misplaced loyalty

You use them to play your games

They are pawns to you

Others who see through your tricks

Viper’s tongue targets

These will not fall prey to you

Strength frustration brings

So you try another game

They were mean to you

Threaten farewells then don’t leave

Threaten that you’ll stay

Pretend you’ve been victimized

Cry moan boo-hoo rant

Pornographic avatar

Hides bad poetry

Grammar Nazi’s punish you

You aren’t here to learn

Only here to be a star

Twinkle block move on

Those who do not read or speak

You call enemies

As you whine that they’ve hurt you

Though nothing was said

Spit attacks while plotting harm

Create spies from friends

Stalking those who disagree

Play your childish games

Anything for sympathy

Anything attention w***e

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Blackbirdsong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So Mara, please explain (oh you can't you blocked me as soon as you left this "review") how this is intimidating? As I said in my description this is about not only things here but on every online community I've ever belonged to, so clearly it's not geared towards anyone specifically. Of course the same ones who are whining about being intimidated while spying on my friends and myself, low-rating our work and then sending their buddies over to the do same, are the same ones who accused me of gearing a lot of writing towards hurting them and their friends. And clearly you are either one of them or just a follower.

Believe what you will. I know the truth as do many people on site. You are not gaining anything or proving anything except that you and your buddies are delusional, petty little cowards who hide behind new ids because they haven't got the courage - which they proclaim that they have - to do anything else.

And all this over avatars...so tell me (again sorry you blocked me) exactly what do you people do when there is something in your lives which really warrants this much energy?

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LMAO, this is a wonderfully written piece that came in such perfect timing! There is not much that I can add to the sentiments that have been shared except Bravo. For speaking the truth of what many of us feel. I also was impressed with you response to Mara's "review". Keep up the great work ~ Jude :-) xo

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

you say it like its a bad thing. I have grubbed for attention more times than I can remember...but if you give away are you still a HO? (lol) I am always threatening to stay. I don't get much eyeball time - but I do definitely whine about it.
All joking aside. This is a smart piece of writing. I see myself in a couple of the lines - I have to admit to it. But I also see others who are more malevolent - who start crap where no crap should be - who have cranial sexual relations skullf*** others - I really like the line "pornographic avatar hides bad poetry" - it seems inescapable even here

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Excellent expose' ...
very clever...and it did the job

Never occured to me that folks may generate drama on here
just to lock in attention and reads....hmmmm
Ya shifted my mindset on all those who leave n' comeback once a month.
I don't get into all the drama mammas ...

The avatar thing is ...pretty blatant ...lol Some folks I wouldn't add as my friend ...because I dont want their 1/2 naked behinds all over my page for my kids to wonder what I'm into ....lol


"So you try another game

They were mean to you

Threaten farewells then don't leave

Threaten that you'll stay

Pretend you've been victimized

Cry moan boo-hoo rant

Pornographic avatar

Hides bad poetry

Grammar Nazi's punish you

You aren't here to learn

Only here to be a star

Twinkle block move on"


Blesssssssssssssss



Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

So Mara, please explain (oh you can't you blocked me as soon as you left this "review") how this is intimidating? As I said in my description this is about not only things here but on every online community I've ever belonged to, so clearly it's not geared towards anyone specifically. Of course the same ones who are whining about being intimidated while spying on my friends and myself, low-rating our work and then sending their buddies over to the do same, are the same ones who accused me of gearing a lot of writing towards hurting them and their friends. And clearly you are either one of them or just a follower.

Believe what you will. I know the truth as do many people on site. You are not gaining anything or proving anything except that you and your buddies are delusional, petty little cowards who hide behind new ids because they haven't got the courage - which they proclaim that they have - to do anything else.

And all this over avatars...so tell me (again sorry you blocked me) exactly what do you people do when there is something in your lives which really warrants this much energy?

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

I am not surprised to find a review here about this piece being hypocritical because at this point, there is very little defense other than that one. But the thing is, it simply isn't true and like Siobhan said, it's an opinion from one side of the coin...AND it landed on tails (and tales) over there. No one was harrassing anyone to leave nor bullying...but I do recall someone name calling (and it wasn't me or Rachel)...saying something like "old bong smoking witches on broomsticks?" Hmmm...now that would be something to report, no? I am so over this whole thing and I don't know why people can't just go about their business now and write...but such as life. No worries, Blackbirdsong, we know who you are and what you are trying to say here...and it has nothing to do with being a bully :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 7 people found this review constructive.

An addendum to my previous review. I don't like to "review the reviews"--you know I don't, Rach--but sometimes something has to be said.

In regards to Mara...my advice to you--and any of your other little cronies who want to keep playing immature games--is don't get sucked into the drama. Don't jump on a bandwagon and buy everything the wagon owner has to sell. In this case, you don't know the whole truth. You're operating on supposition, and your moralistic message of "everyone belongs" and "this is intimidatory" and your insinuation that Blackbirdsong was in any way hounding and bullying people to make them leave, is naive, short-sighted, and biased. As I said, you don't know the situation--nothing was even said to these crybabies. Dont' swallow wholesale everything you're fed; that's a sure way to become a fool.

The plain and simple fact is not everyone belongs everywhere. That's why there are different venues. This one USED to be about the craft of writing; it attracted serious writers looking to hone their talent. Now it seems to also attract droves of talentless drama queens/kings only wanting to cause trouble, who don't want to hone their craft, who just want to post their rants, emoetry and dramaverse ad nauseum. It's not hypocritical to point that out; neither is it hypocritical to put out a site-wide call to raise the quality and integrity of this site. This place used to have a reputation for integrity, maturity and talent; now it's an internet joke--and it's not because of the serious writers like Blackbirdsong and me.

I'm done dealing with you little jerks--with the comment spying, trying to friend us so you can comment spy and extend the drama indefinitely, crying "bully" when it was your little gang who started the whole drama. Grow the hell up, or the antics will start getting reported--and I never say anything unless I mean it. This is not an empty threat; it's a full promise, and I'm more than capable of fulfilling it.


Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

a little different then the long stories that everyone else is writing... i enjoyed it i liked the little green block at the end of the story.. but the one thing i will comment on.... is who doenst like attention??? Espeically if your a woman...... thats the big thing anyway.... good write.... however i liked the HO part 1 better!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Not subtle, but gets a point across. Well done. Althought I like your other avatar better.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 6 people found this review constructive.

You know the way to say it and say it well in your proper poem! A difficult write that flows with ease through your fingertips. I really like your art with this and mentioning about not being fake.
If someone must ask themselves, "should I stay or should I go?" It's probably better to choose one side of the fence or the other-- and stick with it. The wishy-washy whining game gets old quick. I'm not looking for anything but ...next week that person will be back and the memory of my kindness and friendship has been conveniently erased from their minds. I'm the SUCKER in this instance but they are the HO. LOL.
HaHa. You really brought it all out and well done, Rachel! This showcases your excellent talent as well as brings up some great observations and emotions.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Give it to em straight my friend! You burn a clear message down the page and express the sad reality of things today. Well done, I completely agree with you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4631 Views
57 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 24, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008

Author

Blackbirdsong
Blackbirdsong

Turtle Island



About
I'm Native American and Black, and I have very nice teeth. more..

Writing
D-n-A D-n-A

A Poem by Blackbirdsong



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Untamed Untamed

A Poem by Bubo


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo