Hope Dies Last

Hope Dies Last

A Poem by BlackPrince
"

each soul is optimistic

"

Hope dies last when man's life must be extinguished.

His love and truth work hard to be distinguished

amidst hate, greed, doubt and fear that persist

to make his mind question why he exists.

still his sense of purpose is established

like a king whose goals must be accomplished

like dry black soil that rain and green crops replenished.

love comes first. Yet if all virtues be extinct,

hope dies last.

Man wishes that war-torn Earth be refurbished,

his sin-stained temple cleansed and refurnished,

for with time he's attached to Earth through instinct,

though he dreams of Heaven that's eternal and distant;

and attached to life now to be relinquished,

hope dies last.

© 2018 BlackPrince


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree my friend. Also I believe. When we kill the fathers of a poor nation. Their sons and daughters will live to revenge. I saw eyes of the kids toward me when I was in the Middle East. Wasn't love. I saw the hope to rise-up and revenge their fathers and country lost to the greed of war. Powerful and worthwhile shared my friend.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I must say that I love all of your work! Keep spreading that creativeness around.

Posted 3 Years Ago


when Pandora managed to shut the box only one thing remained.. Hope..

"Yet if all virtues be extinct,
hope dies last."

people think love is the most powerful emotion.. but love has no reason and the heart is fickle.. it is hope that give us strength to continue in spite of all obstacles.. even when we desperatly reach for love's splendor.. it is hope that provides the strength that moves the trembling finger tips.. and in the end.. it is hope that allows us to relinquish the death grip on our last hallowed breath..

thankyou for sharing your thoughts so eloquently..

Posted 4 Years Ago


BlackPrince

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Olla, for your time and constructive review.
I really like the idea behind your poem. The OCD part of me wishes you started the sentences with capital letters as it would make your work easier to read but whatever works for you. Other than that I really like the meaning. Your rhyming is also quite interesting. You certainly have your way with words. I think with more work and practise you could be a great poet and sorry if this sounds like an insult, it's not. I see a lot of potential that you could cultivate to become great. Good job :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


BlackPrince

4 Years Ago

Thank you, dear, for taking your time to read and reviewing my poems with helpful constructive feedb.. read more
The only critique I have about this is that there absolutely must be a "the" in Line 3 ("amidst the hate......") for grammatical and poetical senses. This is otherwise too good for words. Much enjoyed this!! Well freaking done!

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Agreed! And also "Hope sustains life"


Posted 6 Years Ago


I too agree that if all else fails you still have hope and its thee last thing you can rely on if you have nothing or no one else. It is what make you dreams come true and accomplish what you set out to do and be just hope and pray that everything will be alright and it will happen. It takes time , but it will happen.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Amazing piece. It highlights the resilience of the human spirit, much of which I believe can be attributed to hope and faith. It's astonishing how much stronger hope can make a person. Beautifully done, BlakPrince.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really like your writing style. This is so well put together. The first line made me want to read more.


Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hope hope dies last - for many it just is never- I think he attaches himself to earth by choice and I do hope that man does want his sinful temple to be cleansed and refurbished- but sadly some just don’t know better or care- the ways of the world are lost and forlorn but yes hope does remain for those who see further than the eye can see- wonderful thoughts behind the words- loved reading🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree my friend. Also I believe. When we kill the fathers of a poor nation. Their sons and daughters will live to revenge. I saw eyes of the kids toward me when I was in the Middle East. Wasn't love. I saw the hope to rise-up and revenge their fathers and country lost to the greed of war. Powerful and worthwhile shared my friend.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2018
Last Updated on January 20, 2018
Tags: praise, The, Lord

Author

BlackPrince
BlackPrince

London, East London, United Kingdom



About
I LOVE READING AND WRITING I would encourage all aspiring poets and writers to keep working hard to perfect their craft. Let's not be selfish and self-centred. Let's review each other's work co.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..