The Freaks: Chapter 2 - The Clash in the Middle of Nowhere

The Freaks: Chapter 2 - The Clash in the Middle of Nowhere

A Chapter by Blake
"

A fighting scene

"

Chapter Two

Clash in the Middle of Nowhere

 

 

 

 

 

Before more soldiers could arrive, we ran through the demolished brick wall, down another tunnel or two, up a steep set of metal stairs, and out a door that seemed to be facing towards the sky. Damion kicked the door off its henges, sending it flying through the air and crashing down with a thud!

 

Once we stepped out in the daylight, we realized how dire the situation was.

 

Miles and miles, as far as the eye could see, were rolling hills of sand. We were stranded in the middle of some God forsaken desert with an army right below us.

 

Damion, still cradeling Elina in his arms, twirled in the sand, searching for any sign of civilization, other than the entrance to the tunnels beneath the ground, which were probably being flooded with soldiers.

 

Before I knew it, Damion had thrown me over his shoulder, Elina over his other shoulder, and was zooming across the desert. I wasn't the best at approximating, but we were going atleast fourty miles per hour. Like I said, I wasn't the best at approximating. The point is, we were going fast. The entrance, or exit, to the tunnels soon became a distant blot in the sand.

 

None of it made sense.

 

I woke up, no memory of who I was, being dragged across the floor by Damion, who apparently has super strength and speed, and was chased down by an army who for some reason wanted us dead. Why me? What did I do?

 

Then there was Elina. The beautiful, fragile-looking, super-powered freak. And Damion had said I was one of them? Does that mean I have-

 

Something by the tunnel's entrance/exit caught my attention. A pale man, I could see, with long black hair, was standing there. His arms were raised. I was confused at what he was doing.

 

Then I realized...

 

On either side of us a tornado of sand was forming. They started off small, picking up sand as they grew larger and larger...and larger...and larger. Soon there was a tornado filled with sand to my left and right.

 

The cause of the tornadoes...the man with his arms raised skyward. Another one of them. Or...us.

 

"Damion!" I yelled out over the loud passing of wind speeding pass my ears.

 

"I know!" he replied. I turned back towards the tornadoes. The man had thrown his arms forwards, towards us, and the tornadoes followed likewise.

 

"Run faster?" I insisted.

 

"Can't!" That wasn't the response I was hoping for. The tornadoes were fast. Faster than Damion could run. It wouldn't be long before they-

 

The tornadoes caught us. We were lifted into the air, a yelping Elina screaming as she circled through the sky along with Damion and I, sand stinging my eyes and clogging my throat. The experience was like spinning around in a circle for a long while, except you had no control over the spinning. Not to mention the sand slapping my face.

 

Then it ended just as soon as it began. We fell to the ground beneath us, the sand softening our fall. But we had fallen near the man at the tunnel. The tornadoes had thrown us the distance Damion ran.

 

I was disoriented. The world was still spinning. I held my head with my hands, closing my eyes. I was aware that the tornado man - Tornado, for short - was nearby. Possibly even right next to me. But there was little I could do.

 

"Freeze!" The world slowed its spinning. It began to rock side-to-side instead. I could make out a group of soldiers by the tunnel's entrance/exit. The Tornado was among them, looking happy he had brought us back.

 

A few men ran towards us, holding some sort of device in their hands. Damion apparently didn't like the little things, for he leaped from the ground, several feet into the air, and collided with one of the soldiers. Elina made a pushing motion with her hands and several of the soldiers were thrown back down the hole in the ground and into the tunnel below.

 

I wanted to help, but what could I do? Damion had said I was one of them. What was my special ability?

 

I was attacked from behind. A soldier clasped his arms around my torso tightly. I couldn't break free. Another man made his way towards me, carrying one of the little devices. It looked like a metal crown, with little blinking lights surrounding it. Apparently that was what it was, for the soldier carrying the device reached up as if about to place it on my head.

 

POW

 

Damion punched the guy out of my eye sight, sounding like a few bones had been broken by the impact. Damion turned towards me and swung his fist over my head, which collided with the soldier clinging on to me from behind. I was free from the man's grip.

 

"Don't let them put that on you!" Damion said, pointing to the crown-device in the sand. "It drains your powers!" Elina was sending the soldiers flying through the air with her telekinesis. I suppose that's what you'd call it.

 

"What powers?" I asked through the rush of adrenaline coursing through my body.

 

"Find out for yourself!" Damion ran towards Tornado and pounced on his back, swinging his fist wildly.

 

I stood there, not as a coward, but as someone extremely confused and amazed.

 

"This isn't happening," I had told myself over and over. But I knew it was.

 

A high-pitched scream broke through the clash. Elina had fallen. Bleeding. I knew she had been shot.

 

Before I could react, a soldier scrambled in the sand for the "Power-Draining-Crown." He picked it up and ran towards the fallen Elina. I knew we'd be done for without Elina's powers.

 

An unknown instinct came over me. The same instinct that makes you blink when you think something is about to hit you. The same instinct when you know someone is standing right behind you. The same instinct when you know you are being watched. My arm dashed up, outstretched with my palm facing the man with the crown, and suddenly...

 

A flash of light and the soldier was smoldering in the sand. The crown blew up in his hands as if it had self-destructed.

 

Before I comprehended what I'd just done, a soldier suddenly appeared before me, gun pointing towards my face, and killed me.



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Review honestly please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am very excited to read the next chapter. I'll have to read the rest when I get home from CCD. I'll text you too, but let me review.

It was a very well left cliffhanger. The description is very well thought out and as for the powers. I know there are powers that have been used over and over again, but you did a very good job at keeping them original.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, well he has an intresting power, of course he can't be dead because there are more chapters left. :P i hope elina's ok.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What? He's dead?!

Crap.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A fast pace chapter. I like the action and the movement of the character. Battles are counted in seconds. To live through hell and remember leave a positive need to keep living. You gave me a surprise ending. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I am very excited to read the next chapter. I'll have to read the rest when I get home from CCD. I'll text you too, but let me review.

It was a very well left cliffhanger. The description is very well thought out and as for the powers. I know there are powers that have been used over and over again, but you did a very good job at keeping them original.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hey what?! "And killed me."

That's, like, the best cliffhanger ever invented. I applaude you, my friend. I love this story, the action never ceasing, it just keeps going and going until you drop out of your seat.

READING ON~

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow soo intense, and i loove it cuz i cant guess wats gunna happen next...if I may make a suggestion...the part where they were picked up by the tornado, that was soo cool haha, but maybe put more description make the readers feel like theyre in the tornado as well. very good! cant wait to read the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

771 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 1, 2011
Tags: fight, superhuman, superpowers


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stereotype Stereotype

A Poem by Tasha