The Freaks: Chapter 4 - The Others

The Freaks: Chapter 4 - The Others

A Chapter by Blake
"

Introduction to more superhumans

"

Chapter Four

The Others

 

 

 

 

 

 

Damion

 

 

 

As much as I hate to admit it, I was so thankful for the rescue. I wish I could say I had beaten Tornado, but I had no such luck. What can I say? The guy was tough.

 

Tornado had flown into the air, preparing to kill me with God-knows-what, when the plane came out of nowhere. There was a loud, thundering BOOM, and the plane just appeared before my eyes. The wing of the plane collided with Tornado at a great speed, taking the danger away from me.

 

The plane turned in the sky above us. It looked like no plane I had ever seen before. More like a large jet. It seemed far more advanced, as if it had just came from the distant future. The jet hovered above the sand, not fully landing, with the bottom of the jet opening, letting a number of people out.

 

Odd people they were, the ones who came from the jet. But then again, I was odd myself. One example of their strangeness was when the smoke that came from the opening door in the jet formed into a person. Yeah. Weird. The smoke spiraled upwards, forming feet, legs, a torso, arms, neck, and finally a head. Then the skin, eyes, hair, and clothing appeared.

 

Another one of us.

 

One guy shot flames from his hands, melting the soldiers into the sand. Another one, a girl, had what looked like long, black tentacles spinning around her, slicing the soldiers apart. She wore a black robe that hid her face in shadow. She didn't look too friendly- but hey, she was saving us.

 

I scanned the area for Elina and James. One of the men from the jet was carrying James. Then I found Elina, who was also being carried towards the jet by a man who glistened.

Yeah...glistened. The sun reflected off his skin like metal.

 

One of the the tentacles from the girl in the black robe shot towards me. I felt helpless as it came at me so quickly. But instead of slicing my head off or stabbing my heart, it coiled around my body and jerked me towards the opening in the plane. It released me and I slid across the floor of the jet. Too confused and amazed, I lied their paralyzed.

 

Elina was seated by her carrier, who looked normal now, not made of metal, in the seat next to me. Seated in front of her was James, who looked just as confused as Elina and I. I got up and took a seat of my own, still stunned and weak.

 

The people who had came from the jet and kidnapped us - I think - were now back in the jet and taking seats around us. The interior of the jet forced me to believe that this really was some aircraft from the future. Blinking lights of a variety of different colors, switches, and what-not, lined the walls and ceiling.

 

I had not felt it, but out the window beside James I could see the land beneath us flying by. The jet must have taken off at a very high speed with no force whatsoever. I looked back towards the door at which I had entered. It was closed shut.

 

After I demanded for them to tell me what was going on, the guy who had carried James began to speak.

 

 

 

 

 

 

James

 

 

 

My mind was reeling. So much confusion. I had not even noticed the trail of smoke slithering across the floor, spiraling upwards, and forming into a human being. So many questions were flying through my brain all I could do was remain silent and listen to Isaac as he spoke.

 

"The world considers you all as Freaks," he began. "Each of you has a special ability of your own. You should never encounter anyone else with your powers. The world wants you dead. The safest place for you is here, with me. I, however, am not a Freak. I am a Regular. Normal, you may say." He spoke as if it were a chore, as if he had said this same thing over and over before, to every "Freak" that he found.

 

This was a lot to take in. I thought I would get some answers, but instead I only came up with more questions.

 

I just then realized we were flying, soaring high above the desert. I noticed how vast this desert really was now. That far in the sky and I still could not see any sign of civilization. Just rolling hills of sand. From where I sat I could see there was no pilot. I didn't understand how it worked exactly, but I guessed the jet took off and flew itself. I wouldn't have doubted that that was what happened, since the plane seemed very high-tech.

 

"As you know," Isaac continued, "the one responsible for your abilities is Professor Uklaime Berrand."

 

"Who?" I couldn't help but ask. I felt the eyes of everyone around me staring at me. Isaac raised his eyebrow.

 

"You do not know the Professor?"

 

"No. I-I don't remember anything." Isaac stared at me, a confused expression, before turning his gaze upon Elina and Damion.

 

"He was being brain-washed," Damion said. "We rescued him from it."

 

"While the brain-washing was taking place?" Isaac asked.

 

More questions forming.

 

"Yes."

 

No answers.

 

Isaac nodded. "Yes. Yes. Makes sense. You interrupted the brain-washing process; therefore, James lost his memory of everything before it."

 

"What?" I said stupidly.

 

"Extremely long story, James," Isaac said.

 

"How do you know my name?"

 

"I know the names of all the Freaks." He turned to his left, grabbed what looked like a remote controller, pressed a button on it, and right beside him popped up a holographic image of the world. I instantly recognized several countries. America. Canada. Mexico. China. Australia. Russia.

 

Still no recollection of my life.

 

Isaac pressed another button on the remote. Next to the world map popped up two pictures of a boy and a girl. They looked around my age. Which brought to mind...what was my age?

 

"These are the two Freaks we'll go after next," began Isaac.

 

"Again?" said the guy at the front who had formed from smoke.

 

"We won't stop going for them until we have rescued them all, as I've said before," Isaac said a bit irritably. A red dot, the size of a quarter, appeared in Russia. It flashed repeatedly.

 

"This is where they are," Isaac said, pointing at the red dot. "Our next destination."

 

"Why are we going there?" Elina asked.

 

"I am rescuing all Freaks from their imprisonments. You three were held under the control of Alabhad Gungary. He's a warlord known notoriously throughout the entire world. You are lucky you escaped him."

 

"He was a warlord," Elina said. "He's dead now." Isaac nodded, grinning. I then knew they were talking about the Leader guy with the big, bushy beard who was killed in the army truck explosion.

 

"I am surprised. Pleased. You must all be skilled with your abilities." Isaac looked at the three of us, Damion, Elina, and me.

 

"No," I said. "I don't even know what my abilties are." The feeling of several stares came again. I looked nervously at the curious faces surrounding me.

 

The oldest looking one, the guy who brought Elina into the plane, looked unconcerned. He had a strong, square jaw and a huge build to his extremely muscular body.

 

The man who formed from the mist looked quite happy, despite everything. He seemed to be one of those types of people who doesn't let anything get in the way of happiness. An optimistic most likely. He had red hair, freckles, and seemed to be unable to stay still.

 

The girl in the robe in the corner by herself was a bit freaky. She wore the black robe that covered her whole body, except for her pale hands, and the shadow of the hood thrown over her head hid her face. So how did I know she was a girl if I couldn't see her face or body? you may ask. Girls have curves.

 

"Well then, you must be retrained," Isaac said, grinning.

 

"Retrained?"

 

"Yes. You were trained once. You have forgotten about it. You have forgotten you even have powers."

 

"Then what are they?"

 

"Your powers?"

 

"Yes."

 

"If I remember correctly, you can throw lightning bolts from your hands."

 

Silence.

 

That would explain why the man I supposedly shot was left smoldering, and the crown he was about to place on Elina blew up.

 

"I can help you train," a guy from behind me, whom I had not noticed until then, whispered into my ear. I turned to face him. Blazing blond hair with orange, yellow, and black highlights was spiked out in every direction from atop his head. He grinned menacingly, his blue eyes glaring.

 

Then he held his hand, palm up, beside my face. From within the center of his palm errupted a burst of fire. He laughed into my ear.

 

"Enough, Mike," Isaac said. Mike extinguished the fire in his hand, still glaring into my eyes, smiling, and sat back down.

 

"Elina," Isaac started, "Telekinesis is your special ability, am I correct?"

 

She nodded. "Yes."

 

"Damion. Your special powers are super strength and speed?"

 

Damion grinned ever so slightly. "Yes," he said.

 

Isaac nodded approvingly and said, "Well, welcome, you three, to the Mother-Ship." He opened his arms wide, as if we had not seen the plane before. "Now let's start with friendly introductions, shall we?" He glared at Mike specifically. I could not see what Mike's reaction was since he sat behind me, beside Elina.

 

The guy beside Isaac, who formed from the smoke, stepped forward.

 

"I am Peter Ashton," he said in a high-pitched voice, smiling. "My friends call me Pete."

 

"Too bad none of us are your friends...Peter," Mike said cruely. Peter's smile faded, as if he was figuring out what exactly that meant, then smiled again.

 

"Anyways," he began, "I can turn into mist." Then he blew up in a bomb of smoke. The smoke, or mist, spread across the floor, wrapping around my legs, climbed the walls, and began to spiral back down into regular ole Peter, who was still smiling.

 

"Pretty cool, huh?" he said.

 

"Extremely," Mike said nonchalantly. I felt heat from the back of my neck. I could tell he was playing with fire. Didn't his mother teach him better than that?

 

Mother...parents...who were mine? Still so much confusion and so many questions. I didn't know where to start.

 

The man who had carried Elina stood, walked forward, and faced us all. He gave a slight grunt, a stern look on his face. Then his skin melted into something shiny and hard. His whole body, eyes, teeth, tongue, lips, hair, had been transformed into metal, it seemed. He took a few steps forward, his metal feet clanking on the metal floor.

 

"Metal," he said. "I can turn my body into a living armor of metal." Mike errupted out one loud laugh. The Metal Man turned to face him, curious as to what was humourous.

 

"I just realized that that must mean you have a metal dick." Mike laughed out again. Peter snorted a laugh, then looked at the Metal Man and threw his hands up apologizingly and backed away. The Metal Man raised his middle metal finger towards Mike.

 

"The name's Hector," the Metal Man said sternly. His skin melted again, reforming into regular skin. He made his way back to his seat, glaring at Mike.

 

"Mike?" Isaac said expectantly. "Your turn?"

 

"Forget it," Mike replied. Isaac shrugged and turned to the girl in the black robe.

 

"Angela?" Isaac said.

 

"Don't say my name," she snapped.

 

"Sorry," Isaac said with a grin. "What would you prefer to be called then?" She remained silent. "Well if you don't tell us what you'd like to be called, we'll just have to call you Ang-"

 

"Angel," she blurted out, as if it took force to get the word out.

 

Isaac raised his brow and shifted his glasses. "Angel? Very well then, Angel. Would you like to introduce yourself and your powers?"

 

"No."

 

"Very well then. Angeli-ergh-Angel, can manipulate shadows."

 

"Meaning?" Damion asked. I didn't feel so stupid anymore.

 

"She can control shadows. Make them do whatever she wants." That ability sounded impressive. Too bad the girl wasn't so much.

 

Isaac paused, sighed, rolled his shoulders, and said:

 

"I am Isaac Lucious, as you know. Normal. No abilities. I am your guardian, however. Like I said before, the Mother-Ship is the safest place in the world for all of you. Out there," he pointed out the window, "you are wanted dead by the world. Out there, Professor Uklaime Berrand wants to make you his slave."



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
Honest reviews anybody? :p

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

THAT. WAS. GORGEOUS.

I am in love with this story. I mean, all of the characters are amazing. Everything is perfect. I sometimes [okay, usually] get bored with a story by now and put it back, leaving it be. BUT. THIS. IS. TOO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

Yeah, it needs a bit of work. But all good stories do. Hey, look at mine, it needs far more work than yours does. This storyline is brilliant, the characters are very original and amazing, and everything's just...

AMAZING.

I loved every second of it. Reading on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Mother-Ship? Sorry, but I find that hilarious. And, I like Mike. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful chapter. I like the history of the three is coming alive. The description gave some reason and purpose for the battle. I like the people trying to assist. The storyline is very good. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wowww I loove it! u came up with so many interesting powers...I also looove the way u develop the characters..Mike seems like an a*s haha. cant wait to read on!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i like superpowers and you're livin' out of it....me too....

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The chapter and concept of everything is very well thought out. A uniqueness as I may add. I feel like the plot is progressing very slowly, but maybe you want it that way. The characters have realistic personalities. Wonderful job.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

THAT. WAS. GORGEOUS.

I am in love with this story. I mean, all of the characters are amazing. Everything is perfect. I sometimes [okay, usually] get bored with a story by now and put it back, leaving it be. BUT. THIS. IS. TOO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

Yeah, it needs a bit of work. But all good stories do. Hey, look at mine, it needs far more work than yours does. This storyline is brilliant, the characters are very original and amazing, and everything's just...

AMAZING.

I loved every second of it. Reading on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

513 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 1, 2011
Tags: Superhuman, superpowers


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A Shared Path A Shared Path

A Poem by devon