The Freaks: Chapter 9 - Beautiful Destroyer

The Freaks: Chapter 9 - Beautiful Destroyer

A Chapter by Blake
"

Gregory finds himself as a target to his love Elizabeth

"

Chapter 9

Beautiful Destroyer

 

 

 

 

 

Gregory

 

 

 

 

 

 

Watching helplessly as my love was being tortured by that machine was killing me.

 

I had managed to fight, stealthy, several guards while searching for Elizabeth. Finally I came to the door which held her within its room. The door was locked but had a small glass window which I used to peek through into the room. I glanced over my shoulder several times, making sure no one was sneaking up behind me.

 

She sat in the center, shaking violently, her eyes turning yellow and bulging, almost seeming to explode from their sockets, her veins capable of being seen through her pale skin even from my distance away from her, as the needle of the machine penetrated her forehead.

 

Then the mechanical arm pulled away from Elizabeth. She fell still, eyes closed.

 

What seemed like hours of patiently waiting, she finally began to wake. The guards in the room with her went over to her, speaking to her. One of the men then unstrapped her and cuffed her hands behind her back. She looked tired and weak. She lowered her head and shuffled her feet in the direction the two guards were forcing her. Towards the door I was hiding behind.

 

I quietly made my way away from the door and around the corner behind me. The hallway was lit by only a few lights, some flashing on and off repeatedly, others not on at all, from the ceiling. The sound of drops of water dripping echoed throughout. The walls were lined with dozens of steel pipes that carried God-knows-what.

 

I knew this would most likely be the only chance we had at escape. But I was powerless. I had to get the crown that was draining my powers off of me. Then I remembered the guard who had put it on my head. He locked it with a key that he placed in a small box attached to his belt.

 

The door creaked open, letting loose a loud screeching sound echoing through the halls, and then the clatter of feet came towards me. To my left was another door, which I had come through. To my right was a hallway with another door at its very end. I figured that would be our best bet out of here.

 

The guards rounded the corner at which I stood, carrying Elizabeth by her arms. Their jaws dropped and eyes widened when they caught sight of me. They reached for their blue batons, but before they could even whip them out I charged forth.

 

I placed one hand beneath the chin of the nearest guard and my other hand behind his head. With one quick jerking motion, I snapped the man's neck and he fell motionless. I had become quite skilled at neck-breaking. The other guard had drawn his baton and held it back, ready to smack me with it.

 

I ducked when he swung the baton, narrowly missing my head, and hitting one of the pipes behind me on the wall. Hot steam shot from the pipe and into the guard's eyes. He clawed at his face while yelping and stumbled backward, falling against the far wall.

 

"Let's go," I said to Elizabeth through deep breaths. She did not move. She didn't even blink. She stared at me with those buttery eyes she had recently gotten. Her face uncaring.

 

"What have you done, Gregory?" she said in a monotone voice. I looked at her, confused.

 

"What do you mean?" I held my hand out to her. Before I could touch her she violently slapped my hand away. "What are you doing?"

 

"I'm going to save the world," she said. I took a step or two away from her, still watching her, my eyes wide and confused.

 

"Let's go, Elizabeth," I said. "We have to get out of here."

 

"No," she snapped. "These people are good. They are trying to save the world, too."

 

God, what have they done to you? I thought.

 

"No, Elizabeth," I said as calmly as I could manage, which was extremely hard to do. "They are not. These men are bad. Now come with me." I held my hand out again, hoping she'd take it.

 

"No, Gregory. You are the bad guy. You killed this innocent man." She pointed to the guard whose neck I had broken. The other guard was on the ground, holding his face, moaning.

 

I could hear the clatter of feet from the door behind me. The other guards must have heard the fallen man scream. Or either he had called for back-up while I was distracted with Elizabeth. Either way, there wasn't much time left.

 

"Elizabeth," I said sternly, holding my hand higher, "Let's go. Now."

 

"I will give you a second chance, Gregory," she said, raising her hand. She did not take my hand but held out her hand instead, hoping I'd take hers. "Join us, Gregory. We shall save the world together."

 

The clatter of feet was getting louder, nearer. I could hear several voices from the men running towards the door behind me. It wouldn't be long before they had burst through the door and surrounded me.

 

"Please, Elizabeth. Let's get out of here. Together. I don't know what they've done to you but-"

 

"Fine," she said, jerking her hand back fiercely. "Don't join us. But if you won't join us, then you are against us. And it is my duty to destroy all who oppose us."

 

She slowly knelt down and reached into a little metal box on the side of the dead guard's belt. She stood up again, holding a key in her hand. She stuck the key in the keyhole on the front of the crown, turned the lock, and the crown clattered to the floor between us.

 

I had known of her powers. She knew of mine, too. But I had never expected to be on this side of her attacks. I always knew we'd be fighting side-by-side. But that was not happening. Her skin melted into pure crystal. Beautiful colors danced across her new form. Everything of her became crystalline. A living diamond she was.

 

She dropped the key and began walking towards me. The door behind me blew open, slamming against the wall with a loud clang! A dozen or more guards rushed in, batons drawn. I was surrounded. Trapped.

 

"I am sorry, Gregory," Elizabeth said casually, "but I must kill you."



© 2011 Blake


Author's Note

Blake
What do you think? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this chapter is so intense but you misspelled "Sockets"... I can't wait to read more of it...great write......

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are doing great. Very vivid details! Although a few words misspelled- "skocets"-socket, "seeming"- should just be seem.- from third paragraph.
Great job though! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


oh my gosh! this was such a turn of events this is terrible!! she cant kill him! ughh I wanna read on to find out wat happens lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I love this chapter! It's so intense and amazing!! :) You definitely have a great plot line developing. I can't wait to read more.

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2011
Last Updated on October 15, 2011
Tags: Superhuman, superpowers


Author

Blake
Blake

MS



About
My name is Blake, like my WC account says... I'm 16 and live in a small town in Mississippi. My birthday is on October 29th. I write stories, books, and poems. I love to express my imagination. I'm.. more..

Writing