Emotional Affair

Emotional Affair

A Poem by Blake Q Hatfield
"

The non physical trist. This is based on the Simpsons episode where Marge and Moe manage Moe's together. Lenny and Carl introduced the idea that Moe and Marge might be having an emotional affair.

"

Two people sharing time
Something so seemingly innocent and sweet
Yet they have partaken in the most controversal
They have sucummed to unkown feeling and longing


He listens so attentively as she speaks her mind
Hanging on to each word with a sense of wondermint
She holds him with a gentle and warm embrase
Holding him as if he would fall apart
Nothing was ever thought of such affection
Until they realized they were the things they longed for


An affair of the heart
Something that feels so natural and right
An unintentional bond beyond what was
The missing and empty spaces of life
A reach embrased by comfort

© 2008 Blake Q Hatfield


Author's Note

Blake Q Hatfield
Not sure if I'm done with this one yet, please feel free to give feedback on where I should go with this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interesting.

I agree that creating this from watching the Simpsons shows you amazing ability to create beautiful pieces.

We makes choices in life, but having an emotional affair is not one that we plan. Its simply conversations that are "Something so seemingly innocent and sweet." Yet the attention received and given, "they were the things they longed for." You don't mean to hurt anyone, having "An affair of the heart." It was simply a void that was in your hearts, "The missing and empty spaces of life." It is something we all need, "An unintentional bond ... that feels so natural and right."

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting.

I agree that creating this from watching the Simpsons shows you amazing ability to create beautiful pieces.

We makes choices in life, but having an emotional affair is not one that we plan. Its simply conversations that are "Something so seemingly innocent and sweet." Yet the attention received and given, "they were the things they longed for." You don't mean to hurt anyone, having "An affair of the heart." It was simply a void that was in your hearts, "The missing and empty spaces of life." It is something we all need, "An unintentional bond ... that feels so natural and right."

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like the fact that this came from "The Simpsons," this showcases your ability and imagination.
You did so well with showing the innocent encounter, the why and what for to the reader. A wonderful poem! If you wanted to add to it, I would say add one more stanza to let the reader know the outcome (whether they ended it or continued further.) Of course, knowing Marge she probably missed Homer. haha.
I admire your gift of writing!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 6, 2008

Author

Blake Q Hatfield
Blake Q Hatfield

Philadelphia, PA



About
I began writing back in '94 and I've been in love with it ever since. Music has a big influence on how I write, and what topics I choose to write about. I like to write a clever piece every now and th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain