Glass heart

Glass heart

A Poem by Blank_fortunes
"

I had to leave the house and didn't want to lose it

"
I don't feel like writing I gave you my Heart.
And once I made that mistake you broke it.
You made me feel a certain way and I wrote it.
So my purpose is not to repeat the same pattern.
My purpose is not to have any rhyme scheme.
My plan is to Love you whole heartedly with a clear understanding of how dangerous it is for me.
Because I have an understanding that you break things.
I just don't know if it is a bad habit or if it makes you feel better.
But this works out for me.
See I saw a lot a bad growing up so this works out just fine for me.
I saw people I Love Die, I saw People I Love leave, I saw people I Love make decisions that would take them away from me.
My heart had been broken so many times before you that you wouldn't believe how hard it is to hurt me.
I gave you my whole heart, whole heartedly, a second time without hesitation.
It wasn't that I didn't remember that you broke it the first time.
It was that I did something mentally
I put my heart back together no glue just as fragile as could be but with strong glass put together when you drop it.
It does the same thing it separates in the same places making it easier for me to put it back together
give it to you again so that you could give it to the ground, so that the ground could give it back to me.
I am not saying that my heart is glass and she shatters it easily and that I take pieces of glass and put it back together and make another glass heart for me.
What I am saying is...
I Love her...
She hurts me...
I Love her, she hurts me....
I Loved her She hurt me...
I love her with my guard up she hurts me...
I let it burn... 
I realize she has a tendency... 
I can't figure out if it's the approach I am taking or if it is something against me.
I miss her, I find her, I decide not to take it personally.
I tell her I Love her.
I Love her. She drops a tear...

© 2013 Blank_fortunes


Author's Note

Blank_fortunes
to be continued... I had to leave the house.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was particularly beautiful. The raw honesty is what drew me in. The way you wrote it and put it together kept me reading, but I could relate to everything you wrote.
"It does the same thing it separates in the same places making it easier for me to put it back together" That was so touching to me. I'm going through that right now. This whole poem spoke to me and you wrote it beautifully! Great piece of work here and thank you so much for sharing it with us :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

10 Years Ago

I am glad you could relate to this one and I hope everything with your current situation works outs... read more



Reviews

This was particularly beautiful. The raw honesty is what drew me in. The way you wrote it and put it together kept me reading, but I could relate to everything you wrote.
"It does the same thing it separates in the same places making it easier for me to put it back together" That was so touching to me. I'm going through that right now. This whole poem spoke to me and you wrote it beautifully! Great piece of work here and thank you so much for sharing it with us :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

10 Years Ago

I am glad you could relate to this one and I hope everything with your current situation works outs... read more
Wow...This brought me to tears not just because of how beautifully and eloquently you wrote it, but because I can relate to every word.

"My plan is to Love you whole heartedly with a clear understanding of how dangerous it is for me."

That line stood out so much to me. Thanks again for another lovely piece (:

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

10 Years Ago

Thank you. I am sorry i didn't get to finish it. But I am glad you felt this one.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 29, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes