A physical thing

A physical thing

A Poem by Blank_fortunes
"

Real Love is more than Physical, but it is still physical.

"
I know it's a physical thing. I wish it was just a physical thing, but I know It's not just a physical thing.
Cause if it was just a physical thing we could grab one ball and cough, grab the other ball and cough and it could quickly be over with. But nothing about us was ever over quite that quick.
I know it's a physical thing because my heart aches physically.
at the mentioning of our relations being a past thought.
Like somehow we allowed our Love to live for a short time and then it pasted on.
Like Future was an option that you and I could ever pass on.
On my best days without you all I can think about is sad songs.
when my life is going great I am still trying to figure out how I could have ever did our math wrong.
See cause I know it's a physical thing. But I know it's not just a physical thing, but I wish it was just a physical thing.
Cause I am still waiting around here hanging on mentally with a strong belief that Love is a marathon.
So I know the stands are empty but at the same time filled with disbelief.
I heard it said once or twice "It's no such thing as bad publicity."
So you run your course If I have learned nothing else in life I have learned patience so I'll stay ready to sprint
With my thumb and fore finger spread behind me in this downward "V" until I feel my hand is hit by its wind.
I believe you are prepared for this perfect upsweep. I just want to see you when I cross the line with enough energy to still sweep you off your feet.
I know it's not just a physical thing, I know it's a physical thing. I wish it was just a physical thing.
At this age you start to sit and think what happens after Love obviously the answer is nothing but it hits you spiritually.
It's sad when you think of all the Good "after Life beliefs" and you would rather stay here and deal with this worlds misery together.
But No one knows the pleasure I would get from you sitting on that wrap around porch with me.
My hair as grey as yours both our rocking chairs squeak, Somedays in but somedays maybe out of sync.
The weather wouldn't really matter as long as you're on that porch with me.
So yes your skin my hands I miss it.
Yes your body my kiss I miss it.
Any and every interaction you can remember in-between.
But I want you...
I want you to know that this is More than a Physical thing.

© 2013 Blank_fortunes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for writing this physical thing...Bravo................:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blank_fortunes

10 Years Ago

You're Welcome thank you for commenting and reading as well.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)..............
This was so well written and relatable, you are very talented sir (:

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Blank_fortunes

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much I was starting to wonder about it with 40 views and No reviews I appreciate it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: Physical, Love, relationship, relationships, mental, spiritual, marathon, rocking chair

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes