Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Misery

Misery

A Poem by Blank_fortunes
"

when your true feelings and your beliefs or upbringing disagree

"
Knowing that I will soon smooth out the edges that my rough chapped hands too abruptly made to touch.
I wish to rub my heart against it, so that this still smooth distance could tear all my calm away from my Remembrance.
Starring at the gentle distance between where I am and where I prefer to be.
I witness the Fluids of my thoughts climb the fortress walls of my eyes so eager to escape.
Onto the abrasive plateau of brown skin standing proudly between its freedom and it's red glazed pain.
Meeting was not a option and this is something I slowly began to understand.
The world that raised me taught me tears were for others.
In my heart Feelings had no place.
So I unfolded that sheet of paper that would have embraced my Poetry.
And simple wrote my name.

© 2015 Blank_fortunes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

While there are so many lines and phrases here that made my eyes stand out on stalks I was completely taken aback with this -
"I witness the Fluids of my thoughts climb the fortress walls of my eyes so eager to escape." by its sheer eloquence.
Peer pressure particularly among young men can be so overwhelming as to snuff out the creative Self. It may (or not) reignite later when we dont give a hoot anymore.

Fine writing BF.
congrats !! btw...




Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes