Just a taste

Just a taste

A Poem by Blank_fortunes
"

I just can't say no to a good contest

"

All that is left is this.

I can't make anymore appear.

Truth be told you are not alone, I wish more could meet us here.

What I have is what you see, no matter the way you say it~it is all the same.

A broken wretched soul holding on to one brief last whisper of your name.

A fading focal point that I refuse to allow to fade.

Eyelids heavy and hot enough to melt the ice away.

Here is from the other side of never cried from pain.

Holding back for neither fears nor pride.

Just to present to you hopefully enough to persuade,

You once you turn around to change your mind for an empty vessel unaware of how to change.

Pupils only taught participation in fair trade. 

Tear ducts dried out from over usage.

Without you, every moment seems the same.

Painless, vague, a bland world muted for extreme concentration.

Conversations with people without words drag out into elongated soliloquies.

They stare with no faces at my refusal to report, an absence of dialogue In their constant attempts at conversation.

I can only see one face and the cold water I fell into froze me in a state of shock as I had no choice but to watch you leave.

All I could do was briefly remove the flavor of your name from my soft palate.

A whisper by name at best.

One last tear with no trail to return home,

Alongside your name were the only two things I had left.

I don't want No Bluetooth speaker to send me empty waves,

They would only rest on top of this cold water,

No decimal could ever drown out the silence of your absence as it screams your name.

I have No need for money without you.

If I couldn't spend it on you It would only be thrown away.

What is seventy dollars worth when I would give the world to make you stay.

You're the only call I wish that I could ever make,

So I would rather win your heart than i Phones Numbers one through eight. 

One last conversation with you where every sentence connects and achieves its purpose sends all else into a fade.

I Love you, I need you, I miss you more, I didn't know how much I'd hurt until you walked away, I will pay more attention and give you my all, I want to help you to better each and every one of the rest of your days.

Oh, No! I didn't mean to put that period there that was more of an ellipsis I was trying to catch my breath so maybe a comma,

So with one last breath, I miss your touch, I miss your warmth, It’s difficult not seeing your face, your pillow is starting to lose your fragrance, This Is not the time for this discussion but Most of all I miss your taste.

Senseless without you resting in sorrow, emotionlessly I drown in pain.

It is hard living Life without you when it’s all about you and I Just want you to stay!

© 2018 Blank_fortunes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this poem just because I have once loved this deep and loss. Since her I have never found another and it's been 13 years.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

5 Years Ago

I really like this one too. Sometimes I get on and find a contest and just go for it. I don't recall.. read more
Blank_fortunes

5 Years Ago

This site used to get the best of me seeing all those views but no reviews I felt like at the very l.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2018
Last Updated on June 17, 2018

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes