She's A Killer

She's A Killer

A Story by Bleak_Darkness
"

A short story about a woman with deadly looks.

"

I saw her across the street while making my way to work one morning.


She's a killer.


She instantly caught my eye and stood out in the chaotic crowd. It was like she was the only one there.


She's a killer.


Her skin was pale white and her lips were cherry red. She was dressed in black from head to toe; black bowler hat, a chic black dress and black flats.


She's a killer.


I stopped and could not help but be mesmerized by her beauty. I was running late to work but I didn't care. My heart was beating wildly.


She's a killer.


She caught me staring at her and was smiling shyly. I automatically crossed the street without taking heed of the busy traffic; I had to get to her.


She's a killer.


I stopped right in front of her. My palms were all wet, my cheeks were flushed, my ears were blood red, but somehow I found my voice. I said hi and introduced myself. I told her shamelessly that I was attracted to her and that her beauty enthralled me. By some luck, she told me that I attracted her too and that she was glad I approached her.


She's a killer.


I beamed. She was the first female to ever be instantly attracted to me. Me, who most girls won't even look at. I tried my luck and asked for her number. We switched numbers (surprisingly) and she told me to call her soon. She then strutted off into the opposite direction of where I was headed. I couldn't help but stare until she was out of sight.


She's a killer.


My mind was reeling with thoughts of her all day. I couldn't focus at work.


She's a killer.


That night my phone rang. It was her. I couldn't believe it when I saw her number on the screen. Yes, I memorized it.


She's a killer.


She told me that she couldn't stop thinking about me and wanted to meet up the next day. I agreed and asked her where she wanted to go. She told me to surprise her.


She's a killer.


The next evening, I brought her to the fanciest restaurant I knew in town. It was going to burn a hole in my wallet but I wanted to impress her.


She's a killer.


We had a fantastic evening. We chatted, talked about our jobs and our lives and just about anything and everything. I couldn't believe it. I just met her and she's a total stranger, but I felt like I knew her all my life.


She's a killer.


Time moved too fast. Before I knew it, it was late. I didn't want to leave her. I wanted her around me 24/7 and always by my side.


She's a killer.


I was about to lean in for a goodbye kiss when she asked if I wanted to head over to her place for the evening. She felt that we didn't spend enough time together and would love to chat more. Of course I agreed!


She's a killer.


She lived in an apartment uptown. It was simple yet beautiful, just like the woman who lives in it.


She's a killer.


She sat me down on her plush red sofa and told me to wait while she made some tea for us.


She's a killer.


I looked around her apartment. When I first entered, I could not think of anything except for what might possibly happen between us that night; what with the quick chemistry we had.


She's a killer.


Now I started to feel oddly uneasy. There was an odd smell about the apartment; like a putrid smell. How can someone so pleasant have a place that smelled so unpleasant?


She's a killer.


She came back and the sight of her erased all my thoughts from the past few minutes. 


She's a killer.


She handed me a cup and told me that it was chamomile tea. I drank it without question and we talked a little more. She then headed into the kitchen to grab some snacks. I watched as she left, unwilling for her to leave me again, even if it was just temporary.


She's a killer.


I started to feel delirious. My eyes were watery and my heartbeat was slowing down. Was it the tea? Or was I just exhausted? No! I can't fall asleep! I want to spend the whole night with her!


She's a killer.


Even with all the enervation, I spotted something outside one of the bedroom doors. It was a dark red stain. A dark red stain on the beige carpetted floor. Isn't that odd? Surely she must keep the place clean and tidy. Such a beauty can't live in a uncared for residence.


She's a killer.


I stood up and was heading to the door to explore further, but was stopped midway. She was in my way. And she was holding something sharp and silver in her hand. She smiled sadistically and raised it up high before swinging it in my direction.


She really is a killer.

 



© 2016 Bleak_Darkness


Author's Note

Bleak_Darkness
This was my first ever written work. Coincidentally, it was written on Valentine's Day! Tell me what you think about the story! I do hope all that read it enjoyed it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think it's a really cool concept--very chilling without being cheesy or cliche. I especially thought it was cool how you added the phrase "She's a killer" over and over again so the reader just starts to skim over the phrase, knowing it's there, which eventually makes them forget about it. Like how saying a word over and over loses its meaning. Then you bring back at the end and closes the story with a nice finale. I would, however, spice up the description in the beginning a bit more. It got a lot better toward the end, but I feel like the beginning was slightly monotonous and not as captivating as the ending.
Overall, well written, though!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for reviewing it! I truly appreciate the constructive cr.. read more



Reviews

It's really nicely written.
"She's the killer" makes the reader cling to it tillthe end. :)
Best wishes!


Posted 6 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this! I love the repetition and the last line was a great break. It's amazing how our feelings for someone can blind us from their true personality and intentions.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thanks Quinn, for taking the time to read my work and leave a review on it! I truly appreciate your .. read more
Your first writing is a bomb....loved reading it.
The meaning of She is a killer phrase changed through the story .And through this story you convey an important message too that we should not judge a book by their cover .

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Swati! I truly appreciate your rave review and I am glad that you enjoyed this sto.. read more
I've read stories with similar plots before, but how you shape the scenes is just brilliant, and aesthetically pleasant. I like how you carefully put the words together. Maybe a little more description of the women before putting "She is a killer'" will make the whole story smoother. Keep it up!

Yours truly
Wolf

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thanks Wolf, I appreciate you taking the time to read this work and giving it a review!
You create a very good tale. I like the use of repetition and the flow of thoughts leading to very good ending. A very entertaining tale. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Once again, thanks for reviewing my works! I truly appreciate it!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I enjoyed this one and you are welcome.
I think it's a really cool concept--very chilling without being cheesy or cliche. I especially thought it was cool how you added the phrase "She's a killer" over and over again so the reader just starts to skim over the phrase, knowing it's there, which eventually makes them forget about it. Like how saying a word over and over loses its meaning. Then you bring back at the end and closes the story with a nice finale. I would, however, spice up the description in the beginning a bit more. It got a lot better toward the end, but I feel like the beginning was slightly monotonous and not as captivating as the ending.
Overall, well written, though!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bleak_Darkness

7 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for reviewing it! I truly appreciate the constructive cr.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 5, 2016
Tags: love, romance, love at first sight, attraction, first, fiction, short story, stories, thrill

Author

Bleak_Darkness
Bleak_Darkness

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore



About
I have always aspired to be a writer. Unfortunately, where I'm at, it's not very easy to make it a full time career, especially at my age. I am hoping to live my dreams through all my online writings... more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Bleak_Darkness


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bleak_Darkness



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Promise Me Promise Me

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya