To the boy with artist's hands,

To the boy with artist's hands,

A Story by Blindsighted
"

from the girl with dreamer's eyes.

"

She imagines walking up to him before he turned to leave. He'd smile slowly at her.


"Do you wish on them?" she'd ask him.


"Wish on shooting stars?" he'd ask and shrug. "Do you?"


"No," she'd reply in that cynical way of hers, eyes still trained on the sky. "Shooting stars," she'd say thoughtfully. "They're just beautiful tragedies staining the heavens with silver suicides, aren't they?" (Don't let me be right.)


And he would look back towards the satin-cloud white-fire-prickle inky-velvet of the night sky. "Bet you wished on that shooting star though, huh?" he would say almost teasingly. (Almost.)


"No," she'd say again, words delicate and careful on her tongue. She would turn to look at him and see stars glittering cold and cruel and beautiful (like truth, darling, like truth) in the infinite tenderness of his eyes. And her breath would catch.


"I don't know what I'd wish for," she'd say quietly. (You. Us.)


And the stars would glow a little more softly in her vision (like denial, darling, like denial).


(It's too bad he isn't a poetry kind of boy and she isn't a daring sort of girl).

© 2010 Blindsighted


Author's Note

Blindsighted
I have no idea what compelled me to write something so cliche.

Regardless, enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's wonderfully written, and I don't think it's cliche. I loved the wording, and the contrast in certain places. My favorite line is "they're just beautiful tragedies staining the heavens with silver suicides, aren't they?" Absolutely beautiful. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

613 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2010
Last Updated on December 7, 2010

Author

Blindsighted
Blindsighted

San Juan, Puerto Rico



About
Grew up loving sky and the smell of old library books. Stubborn. Addicted to reading and that weightless millisecond on a plane half grounded and half suspended in flight. In search of cities with sky.. more..

Writing
Red Red

A Poem by Blindsighted


Smile on. Smile on.

A Story by Blindsighted