Don't Dismiss What You're Afraid Of...

Don't Dismiss What You're Afraid Of...

A Story by Blissful Sin
"

In a small secretive town, with slender watchful trees. Something will go terrible wrong.

"
Gorgon was a quiet, observant kind of girl that loved to draw what she had seen, felt, and interacted with. Elisa was a single mother that loved her daughter very much and was always making sure that Gorgon was enjoying her life. Gorgon was very talented with her drawing skills at the age of 7, she would draw different creatures she imagined and things she did during the days and nights. After the divorce with Dalton when Elisa was suddenly pregnant; Gorgon and Elisa had to move into an urban area. They lived in a woody area with slender, watchful trees, engulfing a silent, secretive town. They just wanted to get away from the bad times….
Gorgon interacted with her other classmates when she wanted to and she did frequently. She had no friends but she did have kids to play with if she ever asked. The children notice something different when she first came in on a gloomy Tuesday. You can see the bags under her eyes and the coldness that surrounded her body; everyone was scared of her. During recess Gorgon sat on the curb and drew on her sketch pad the whole hour, said nothing and didn’t look up once. The teachers attempted to interact with Gorgon and tried to uplift her spirits but Gorgon didn’t say a word. When Ms. Hays tried to ask tried to ask what she was drawing and took the paper,
Gorgon snapped and slapped the paper out of her hand and suddenly ran inside the schools bathroom, she stayed inside there the rest of the day. Elisa came in an hour later and Gorgon finally opened the door. When Gorgon was inside the car, Ms. Hays gave Elisa the picture that Gorgon sketched. It was a tall man with no face looking through a window whispering secrets to Gorgon as she slept. Elisa saw the picture; edged as she was, she dismissed the picture and neglected the problem.
From then on Gorgon’s attitude got worse. The pictures Ms. Hays was secretly finding were getting more horrifying. First it was a slender man kidnapping children, then he was in the woods stalking people, afterwards he was decorating the trees with ripped limbs and whispering Gorgon the secrets. Ms. Hays did research on the drawings of her mysterious student. She always kept Elisa updated on the latest drawings and personality changes of her student, such a young vulnerable child shouldn’t be so dark and horrifying at this age. WHAT DID IT ALL MEAN!?
Weeks after the updates were given, Elisa twisted and lashed out in anger at Ms. Hays.
“Why can’t you just leave me and Gorgon ALONE?! She’s perfectly fine and their just drawings of her imagination! I’m sick and tired of your complaining!!! LEAVE US ALONE!” She bellowed.
That night, half pass two; Elisa was awoken by the feeling of being watched. She went to retrieve a cup of tea and take a glimpse in Gorgons room. Gorgon was shaking inside the mountain of blankets; half awaken half scared to death. Nightmares. Elisa was about to wake her up but had the stalked feeling again, she decided to close the curtains. When she peered into the curtains looking at the moonlit fogged forest, she saw a slim shady mannish figure standing slightly behind a tree. White face with a pitch black tux; he was staring even though he had no eyes. No face. Elisa screamed to hell and jerked the curtain shut, and turned around. The man appeared in front of her with Gorgon holding is bony long hands.
“Don’t dismiss what you’re afraid of, mommy”. She whispered.
Darkness.
Gorgon hasn’t returned; soon after, both Elisa and Gorgon were added to the files of missing persons.

END.

© 2013 Blissful Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the best slender story I have ever read. I really like the details you put into it

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blissful Sin

10 Years Ago

Oh my! Thank you very much that means a lot!
-Bliss
Rachel

10 Years Ago

I also really like the character development. In most slender stories, the characters are just there.. read more
O.o.................... woah

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blissful Sin

10 Years Ago

Your expression says it all. Thank you for reading!
-Bliss
Why do you keep on stopping at a good scene?!

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 17, 2013

Author

Blissful Sin
Blissful Sin

Between Hell and Heaven, NY



About
Hello. I'm back. It has been a long time. I've been through a lot of pain. I hope writing will help. more..

Writing
LIFE LIFE

A Poem by Blissful Sin