HIm

HIm

A Poem by 0_o Abbie
"

Because I love him. Even if he doesn't know it.

"
I love the way he smiles at me,
I just never want to leave.

I love the way he shakes his head and says 'what!?'
I love the way he helped me with my cut.

I love the way I can hit him,
And he'll complain about bruises on his limb.

I love the way he walks,
And warns me about everything from ice on the walk to the chicken pox.

I love the way his hair is stained,
In a question this mark remains.

I love the way he's so sweet to his mom,
With her he's always calm.

I love how he picked me up when I fell on the ice,
Even though I'd done it on purpose he was so nice.

I love the way he jokes with me,
I hope one day he'll see,
Just how much I love him.

:D


© 2011 0_o Abbie


Author's Note

0_o Abbie
True story. All I said was true, even about me 'slipping' on the ice so he would help me up. :D Pathetic I know. But everybody has their crushes right?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very sweet Abbie. Would you mind changing the word "thought" to "though"?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how this is so honest and light spirited. Great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Kira on the rhythm issue. This is the kind of poem that needs a regular meter (here I go again on meter!), and in several places there are either too many syllables, or too few. Also, your word choice needs a little tweaking, because some of the words are awkward or repetitive (like in the fourth stanza, you use the word "walk" twice--use a synonym!) And remember, you don't need perfect grammar in poetry--you only need enough that your reader understands you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL i read this coz i thought this was a different poem to HIM2. Anyway funnily enough I enjoyed reading it again. And I think its kool about you fake falling thats the way you hint it otherwise he might never notice :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nauseatingly saccharine, strained, out of rhythm, with rhymes that are trying too hard and words in places that don't make sense.

Happy to review!

-Kira

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011

Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie