One Dark Night.

One Dark Night.

A Story by 0_o Abbie

I sat on my floor. Darkness surrounded me, except for a nightlight to my right. I took the scissor blade to my wrist, and pressed. Hard. I don't know what I was expecting but I was just all too surprised when I pulled the scissors up, thinking I'd failed, and saw blood pooling in the cut. I gasped. The pain was dull. I stared in shock. What had I done? I felt my self choke on tears. I gasped and stared. Then I sobbed. The tears that had streaked my face before were covered over by the torrents that ran down my face. I stared and sobbed gasping. Blood pooled until it ran down my hand. I grabbed a tissue and pressed it to my wrist. My hands were shaky. My breathing was rapid and heavy. I lifted the tissue to make sure the cut was actually there and I wasn't imagining it. All I could do was gasp and sob. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. I leaned into a stuffed animal that sat on my floor and wished it was a person. Someone to hold me back. Somebody that loved me. Someone to smooth my hair and dry my tears. Someone to tell my I wasn't stupid. I heard my father blaring music downstairs. I sobbed. He had no idea. I cried. I gripped my wrist and cried. I lifted the tissue and panicked when I realized it was still bleeding. I wondered if this would be the way I would die. It was an irrational fear, but a fear none the less. I was still gasping and sobbing, shocked that I'd actually done it. Many times I'd sat in the dark in my room with a razor and thought about it. But now I'd actually done it. The proof was there, pooling on my wrist. I felt I couldn't breath. My lungs were burning. I clasped my hand over my mouth. I tried to stand but my legs didn't work. My heart was in my throat. I fell to my knees and gasped for I don't know how long. Glancing at my bleeding wrist just to make sure the cut was still there.

Finally I stood and looked around my room. I grabbed my towel and headed for the bathroom. I opened the door and flipped on the light. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and makeup streaked under my eyes. I looked horrible. I flipped off the light. Disgusted by myself. I felt around until I found the nob. I turned the water on to hot. I stripped, then realized I didn't want to be naked. I put my cloths back on and turned the hot water off and turned on the cold. I hoped no one could hear me with the water running. I sat on the ground and stared at my open wrist. I still couldn't believe I'd actually done it.

© 2011 0_o Abbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

How many of these have you written abigail??
Really good btw

Posted 13 Years Ago


very deep for someone so young

Posted 13 Years Ago


As usual well written. i hope you dont do something like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie