Calling Koi

Calling Koi

A Story by Bluebird91
"

A wondering soul gets captive by dirty savages. He calls on his brethren for help but will it cause more harm than good? After all, their only fish...

"


Kaapo opened his eyes but winced at the pain that followed. His right eye appeared to be swollen and the slightest movement caused his head to throb. He tried to lift his hand to his aching head but discovered that he was chained to the floor. Heavy shackles connected his wrist to the metal floor without a chance of any movement. "Where am I?" he thought to himself. "What happened." Questions swirled in his mind as he tried to contemplate the possible outcome of his misfortune. A circle of light surrounded him, making the rusted chains sparkle like crimson as he shifted his wrist. Suddenly he heard sounds from above. At first he thought it sounded like screeching but as the noise grew closer it also became clearer. "Could it be? No it couldn't!" He thought to himself. The sounds echoed around him like a horrid cloak. It sunk into his mind like a deadly virus of despair. It was indeed the sounds he thought he heard. The sounds were close enough that he could reach out and touch it. Fits of giggles thick enough he could slice it in half. He dare not lift his head but stayed very still as to not draw attention from the giggling beast above. 

"Ugh! It's ugly!" One shrieked. That caused at fitful of giggles around him.

"It's as ugly as an old boot!" Another round of giggles emerged from above.

"It's as ugly as a...a..." There was a paused then another fit of giggles.

Kaapo couldn't stand the humiliation any long and looked up into the light. The giggling beast shrieked with fear until it melted into giggles.

"It's even uglier when it's awake!" That caused a full fledge of laughter to explode. The laughter stopped at an abrupt halt as a door slowly opened. Heavy footsteps echoed down to Kaapo giving him the image of a heavy beast.

"Ah, it has finally awaken from its slumber." The heavy beast said in a deep voice. That caused a fitful of giggles which started to annoy Kaapo.

"Yes, that thing has finally awaken for our enjoyment." Replied a beast to Kaapos right.

"Father, may we skin it please?" Hissed a beast to Kaapos left.

"Yes, can we skin it? It's dreadfully ugly."

"Maybe it can be my new hat!" Burst another beast causing fear to rupture in the pit of Kaapos abdomen. Questions where fired at the heavy beast until he bellowed a heavy "Silence.". That made the room become eerie quit.

"Arise, hideous one." Bellowed the beast. Kaapo was thinking about how he was going to stand even though he's shackled with no ability to move until he felt a thunderous vibration underneath his fingertips. The chains connected to the floor started to shift and rise by metal cylinders bringing his hands with them. The metal cylinders were far apart making his arms spread like the letter T. As the cylinders lifted Kaapo started to stand. As he stood the giggling nuisance came in to view. "Children!" He thought with surprise. "Little human children with faces covered in dirt.". As Kaapo observed them he noticed that their hair was a stringy blondish color, their clothes were torn and unkept and some were missing teeth. But what caught his attention the most was the large object standing among the children. It was a man. But not just any man. This man was ginormous. His belly resembled a clothed boiling pot and he too was dirty.

The human leaned over the rail as if he was scrutinizing Kaapo. The children eyed their father waiting for his command. They had hunger in their eyes and saliva on their chins. The giant human slowly backed away from the rail and disappeared out of sight. Heavy footsteps creaked on the metal stairs as the man beast made his way down. Kaapo felt vulnerable without a weapon or free will as the giant human approached. Standing eye level with Kaapo he began to circle around him.

"Who are you?" Asked the curious giant human. Kaapo stuck his chin out feeling the strength of his ancestors.

"My name is Kaapo, son of Araki." he said from the depths of his chest. His voice was as deep and as powerful as he felt. Pride swelled around him as he mentioned his fathers name but it quickly deflated as burst of giggles echoed of the walls.

"Kaapo?" snickered a little human from his left. "What kind of horrid name is Kaapo?"

"Sounds like poo!" snickered the little human from his right.

"Ugly name for an ugly creature!" cried the middle little human. That made the clan burst into a fit of laughter. Even the giant human was chuckling causing his belly to jiggle.

"Well, Kaapo" said the giant human using emphasis, "I am Mallard, ruler of The Underground. Kaapo looked around but saw nothing that the giant human should be proud of. "And these are my children," he bellowed drawing Kaapos attention back to the giant jiggle mess. Pointing to Kaapos left he proclaimed the boy as Lambert, the middle as Milburn, and the last as Herbert. Each boy saluted him followed by spitting in the pit as if that was a formal introduction. Kaapo repealed with disgust because even though the spittle landed far away from him he could still smell the repugnant odor of decay. "So, in regards to my boys, I have to ask. What are you? Surely you are not born of a woman, nor of the intentions of God creation. Your skin is as white as snow but with a streak of red as dark as blood, though you do not bleed. Your hair is as long as my mules tail and as black as coal. You resemble a man but your hands are webbed. You resembled a man but also a fish. To me you remind me of a solider but also a Koi fish. So I ask again: What are you?

"I am born of a woman with a heart as strong as a bull. My blood that flows through my veins is as dark as these rusted shackled and as thick as tar. Though I don't look like you I am Gods creation of man with the strength of ten. Yes, you are right. I do resembled a man but also a fish. My People are Koi but of human nature land and sea."

Kaapo was interrupted as laughter vibrated the steel pit. "How can you be born of woman if you're born of Koi?" chuckled Mallard wiping tears from his dirt streaked face. Your blood may be red and thick but it is fish blood you bleed, not human blood. "You're nothing but a deformed fish with the ability to walk!"

"You make a mockery of my features but you have yet to talk about your own. Though your skin is pale you have a streak of dirt across your meaty face. The tips of your hands are as dark as mud and your hair resembles straw. You sir are a pig."

The boys stood there with mouths hung over. They glanced at their father and saw that he was steaming with anger.

"Uh oh." Said Lambert cowering away.

Mallard balled his meaty hand and punched Kaapos already bruised eye. Blood trickled down his cheek from the impact but he did not show fear and defeat. Kaapo stood tall as if it didn't faze him. Still mad, Mallard spit in Kaapos face.

"Release me at once!" Demanded Kaapo as he tried to wipe the spittle off his face using his shoulder.

"I can't do that."

"And why not?"

"Because," explained Mallard. You was on our land invading our space, vandalizing our property. And once you make it on our land the only way you can get off is through the sewage. And we only use the sewage path if we're throwing away the rotting dead.

"The rotting dead?" Repeated Kaapo.

"Aye." answered Mallard with a twinkle in his eye. He grinned, showing just how rotten his teeth were and started to walk away.

"If you don't release me at once., I will have no choice but to call war on you're Underground. So release me!"

"War on us? On my Underground kingdom? Ha! Don't make me laugh. Do you really think my men and I are afraid of little Koi fish? What are you going to do to us? Splash us to death?" A roar of laugher came from his boys causing Kaapo to feel like he have had enough. "Milburn!"

"Aye!"

"Go get Philip and tell him to carry this fish prisoner to the lower level and away from my sight. He's been out of water too long. He's starting to smell."

"Aye Aye sir!" Shouted Milburn as he ran out of sight. Kaapo watched him run until he could see him no more. Zeroing on Mallard he saw the he too was walking away.

"I've warned you," said Kaapo, his voice lowered but loud enough for only Mallard ears to hear. Mallard turned just in time to see that Kaapo was puckering his lips. Kaapo took a deep breath and let out a ear splitting whistle causing Mallard and his boys to hunch over in agony. Mallard managed to reach up and slap Kaapo before he could finish.

"What the hell man! What did you do to us? TELL ME THIS INSTANT!"

Kaapo looked into Mallard eyes and whispered "I called Koi." Mallard instantly relaxed.

"What was that?" Demanded a breathless human Kaapo assumed was Philip.

"He was calling Koi." Chuckled Mallard. Seeing that Philip seemed confused he waved it off and ordered Philip to take Kaapo away.

"My people are coming and you're clan will feel the rathe of vengeance!" Shouted Kaapo as he was dragged away.
................................................................
Philip dragged Kaapo through a tunnel. Kaapo was still squirming and wiggling, trying to break free but Philip and the chains were to strong.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Shut up." Grunted Philip. As they passed a room Kaapo heard crying. Peering into the room he witnessed a greasy man raping an innocent women. His heavy frame crushing her as she struggled to free herself.

"Get off of her!" Shouted Kaapo.

"Shut up." Grunted Philip as he yank Kaapo along. Kaapo quickly looked around the tunnel and noticed a loose rock ahead. Thinking quickly he yanked the chain catching Philip by surprise.

"You little.." Grunted Philip but stopped when noticed Kaapo laying on the ground with his eyes closed. "Ran out of water have you?" He joked as he bent to scoop up Kaapo

. Later that night the guards of the Underground sat quietly watching the bay. They were getting drowsy listening to the ocean waves wash up on the shore. It was a calm night and the moon was full. They started to head inside until a ripple in the water cause them to pause.

"Oy, you see that?"

"Aye, I see the ripples"

It started as one set of ripples and then two until finally the ocean was covered in ripples. The guards froze as heads started to rise from the water. Row after row they appeared until they made it to shore. Under the moonlight the guards were dumbfounded at what they were seeing. Men with skin as white as snow with streaks of red as dark as blood emerged from the depth of the ocean. Heading towards the underground they noticed the guards looking awestruck.

"Oy! What are you doing? You can't come down here don't you know.." The guard was cut off by a arrow piercing his skull. The other guard ran before he would meet the same fate. The leader whistled and the rest followed suit.
*********************************

"Captain Mallard!" Puff the breathless guard as he entered mallards office above the Underground.

"What is it?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"What are you blabbering about?" Mallard said impatiently. His men was busy discussing what area to rob next and he hated getting interrupted by foolishness.

"Come take a look out for yourself captain." Mallard got up from his desk and headed for the window. Pulling the ragged curtain aside he peep out.

"What the hell?" Mallard gaze fell on a sea of white and red. As more emerged from the water the number of warriors grew from hundreds to two. Each had a weapon or two in hand, ready.

"Do you see what I see?"

"Aye.... A war."

"How long do you think we have before they break through the barriers?" Mallard though for a second. "Probably an hour. Maybe and hour and a half. But what can they do? "They're only fish.
**********************************

Kaapo sat cross legged in his chamber. He had the look on pity plastered where it shouldn't be. He knew what's was about to happen but he couldn't stop them or else he wouldn't be free.

"Humans." He muttered. "Why shall you act so doltish?" He waited for no answer in particular. He looked down at his fetter and shook his head. Just then he heard a faint "Oy! What are you doing? You can't come down here don't you know." and then silence. Kaapo stood and brace himself. "So it has begun." He said as he heard the wailing of man vs koi.

© 2016 Bluebird91


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Absolutely great writing, good job! I found it surprisingly interesting, accompanied by appealing sentence structures!

Just try to pay attention to the small grammatical mistakes that come by lack of attention: "The sounds were close enough that he could reach out and touch it", is an example. The sounds are plural, and so it should be: "he could reach out and touch them".
Just try to seek these little bugger of mistakes.

Hope to see more from you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I will go back because I want my story to be perfect. I'm.. read more
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
Dean Vaksman

7 Years Ago

Send me a private message so I'll remember tommorow



Reviews

You have so many short stories that, if given the time and the dedication to be fleshed out could sum up to be great novels and possible best sellers. I know this may sound a lot like an adulation but can you blame me.

I can't believe I am just coming across your works today. It's incredible how you craft these tales and how the end instead of making readers feel compensated, it further boils an insatiable urge to want to see more of the tale unfold.

I've said this before and I gladly repeat it again, you are a great writer. Asides a few grammatical errors and typos, the tale is sublime. Also...okay I think I have something to address, I wasn't too thrilled about the sudden transition detailed in this part of the story:

" "You little.." Grunted Philip but stopped when noticed Kaapo laying on the ground with his eyes closed. "Ran out of water have you?" He joked as he bent to scoop up Kaapo

. Later that night the guards of the Underground sat quietly watching the bay. They were getting drowsy listening to the ocean waves wash up on the shore. It was a calm night and the moon was full. They started to head inside until a ripple in the water cause them to pause. "

...it felt kinda threw me off. I would advise you try to allow us as readers to ease into the seige of the Koi clan, rather than give the obvious verbal directive.

Regardless of that, the story was great. Keep writing Blue.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow!
cool very different and nice^-^

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!!!!!
Pink Pastel

7 Years Ago

Your welcome!!!!!!
Absolutely great writing, good job! I found it surprisingly interesting, accompanied by appealing sentence structures!

Just try to pay attention to the small grammatical mistakes that come by lack of attention: "The sounds were close enough that he could reach out and touch it", is an example. The sounds are plural, and so it should be: "he could reach out and touch them".
Just try to seek these little bugger of mistakes.

Hope to see more from you!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I will go back because I want my story to be perfect. I'm.. read more
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.
Dean Vaksman

7 Years Ago

Send me a private message so I'll remember tommorow
Your story is very deep. Amazing as well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bluebird91

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)!
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016
Tags: #fantasy #koi #army

Author

Bluebird91
Bluebird91

LA



About
I have a strong passion for disturbing horror! If you don't like it then don't bother me because my stories are extremely disturbing. Other than that I'm a easy going person that love to read, write, .. more..

Writing
Never Never

A Story by Bluebird91


Stab Stab

A Poem by Bluebird91


Him Him

A Poem by Bluebird91