Visions of Humanity

Visions of Humanity

A Poem by Lindsaytot

You’re strolling through foggy midnight and blinding stardust.
Taking a trip into the abstracts and unknowns.

A red hot shape flies past you, catching you off-guard.
Inside of it, you see a vision
Of beauty and hatred and reasonless things.

Among the visions are genocide, dancing lovers, and laughing until you cry.
The warmth of holding someone close,a little girl taking her last ragged breath as her ribs stretch her skin, and war.
Planes going up in flames, kissing the ones you love, and a man throwing his weighted legs into the foamy ocean, but his eyes are still so so so filled with life.

Your hands shake, and you feel yourself falling back to Earth.
The atmosphere around you gets so so hot, and you are falling faster and hotter by the second.

You are laughing and crying simultaneously.
Face the heavens and throw your head back, for you are leaving strictness and feverish rules far behind.

Look your fears in the face, and realize everything is small when compared to time itself.
Scream into a pillow, and cry on your best friend’s shoulder.
Live, and make your history books cower in fear.

You breathe in oxygen,
And finally,
With a beautiful thud,
You reach Earth’s crust
And go deeper
And deeper
And deeper.

At the core of your home,
You close your eyes,
And smile.

Life can be anything.
You are a seed, now grow.
Breathe in, breathe out,
And remember to love deeply
And leave people with good memories.

© 2017 Lindsaytot


Author's Note

Lindsaytot
I don’t really know if this makes sense, and I just now got done writing this so sorry if there’s mistakes!! Please leave a review!! It will be appreciated!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Indeed, life can be anything. Very nice writing!!!!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
First lines are captivating and poetic. Imagery was really good as well as diction

Posted 6 Years Ago


Lindsaytot

6 Years Ago

Thank you!!
Woah began dramatic n tragic then ends on a positive note. Enjoyed this extraordinary poem. The first two lines were so eloquently poetic. Kudos.

I'm a newbie here, pleez do review, comment my first poem here, wud luv to know your thoughts, I'm navigating the site looking for poem pals.


Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh my god this was incredible! I adored reading this poem. It is the best poem I have read in a long time. Truly! I could see myself falling to the earth and the images you gave me flickered in front of my eyes. I also thought of memories of my own life. Suffering, abuse, pain, love, hope, the realization that I can change the world with each person I encourage or help or love or disappoint or hurt or hate. My favorite line is "make your history books cower in fear." That is an amazing concept and a very encouraging one. I adore how you ended the poem as well. I love it so very much. You are an amazing writer, I can't wait to read more from you!

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 23, 2017
Last Updated on December 23, 2017
Tags: Space, earth, humans, stars, hatred, life

Author

Lindsaytot
Lindsaytot

About
Hi, I write sometimes. Lol I just need reviews and suggestions more..

Writing