March

March

A Story by Jacob Nicholls
"

We will loose our lives this day but our vision will remain an Ideal for Freedom

"
Morning peaks over the mountains and the winds of change come with it and with it the sight of the capital we are few but we are ready to stand for what is ours, we march without fear nor anger of with ambition and an ideal we all share that all should live with the taste and feeling of freedom upon our lips forever. Ten-thousand march to the capital we all were warned what would happen if we should break the code but we did not care life does not matter without freedom; What started out as a message from one and that one become fifty then fifty became one thousand and so on, a siren sounds we raise our fists in the air screaming for change and freedom but we are met with the capitals law enforcement and military raising their guns and ordering us to disband. With our fists in the air we lock arms shouting "Freedom For All" as we move closer we did not care if we die for if we die on this day we will die with freedom on our tongues and in our hearts. The forces lined up and with one word open fired on us screams of men and woman cried out as they fell but we march on word into the battle with only our firsts in the air and each other at our side; the bullets rain down like water and our blood watered the ground we march as best we could licking our wounds and covering our new ones we never slowed down, it did not matter how many bullets or gas they threw at us we moved forward we march not into legend but to freedom.

We reach the soldiers only five hundred of us remain they begin to beat us with clubs and send dogs on us we did not fight back we would not fall to their prey to their ways, the people of the capital screamed and pointed at us as they fled calling us, savage, rebels, and monsters. But our only crime is fighting for what is right even as we fell on the bullets that were shot and the dogs that tear at our flesh, but move to the capital house.

Now only I remain bloody and beaten I limp to the capital house a small girl saw me and ran trying to help me with fear and worry in her eye's I whisper to her that we are all equal and if I die I die protecting that dream, her mother rushes over snatching the girl and kicks me then all the people of the capital join in stomping and beating me in front of the capital building the president looking down sipping his drink, with my last breathe I scream one word and I die not in pain but in happiness for I died fighting for what I believed in.

The little girl watch in horror as the ones she called family and friend beat me to death but my words echoed in her ears and years later when she became a woman began a new march with others with the Ideal of freedom in their minds and hearts, I may be dead but I witness it and pray that they will win and their message be heard.

But some things Never change.

© 2017 Jacob Nicholls


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 25, 2017
Last Updated on December 25, 2017
Tags: Death, Fiction, Protest, Revelation, Freedom