For my Fair Maiden

For my Fair Maiden

A Poem by boneman
"

A love poem for my celtic princess from this unworthy English Knave. Mere words cannot describe how much I love her. Celtic Princess can you love an unworthy English knave?

"

For my fair maiden,

 

I desire thee, for thee I would cast away a king’s ransom as mere baubles and trinkets. For thee I would go hungry to see you eat, sky clad to see you clothed against the winters cold.

 

I desire thee, with all my heart I love thee, with my soul I worship thee, with my eyes I honour thee with my hands I caress thee tenderly.

 

I love thee fair tempestuous Celtic maiden, for thee I will lie in your country’s fair bracken and with these unworthy hands make thee a bower to shelter you. Against the bitter rain and snow I would rage to provide for thee. Mere seasons will not defeat my love for thee nor sword or battle raging keep me from your side.

 

Celtic princess if you can love an English knave he gives you his heart freely and gladly. Do as you will with it for it is yours to posses. I ask of thee only one thing, love me love my heart as I love thee my princess.

 

I own not vast kingdoms and no dowry can I find to bless our union. No men at arms to do your bidding, nor serfs to till your soil. No battlements strong to defend your beauty but I will stand fair maiden until I can stand no more will fight until my last breath is spent and my body broken cast upon the blood stained ground.

 

I am not good at words of love fair maiden, of actions of war and masculine folly I excel. From my poor uncultured tongue fair maiden I define my love for thee. If my poor stammering stuttering shattering sounds seem sullen sounding upon your ears I apologise to thee but beseech thee to honour my foul English tongue by hearing the emotions they stumble so blindly to convey.

 

If thee wanted me to jump through hoops as a jester upon his folly gladly will I do this for thee to act the fool to win your heart is a small ransom to pay. Honour this warriors one kind and noble act not to dissect a heart rending the body as meat upon the battlements. As a slaughtered pig upon the butchers block but to hold your heart beating in your breast gentle and loving in my calloused hands

 

Can you love an English knave fair princess?

 

Boneman 16/03/09

 

©Boneman productions 2009

 

 

 

© 2009 boneman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey Boneman, i love this poem more each time i read it.
I desire thee, with all my heart I love thee, with my soul I worship thee, with my eyes I honour thee with my hands I caress thee tenderly - this verse for me shows the depth of your love for this lucky lady. as i have always said you are a very talented writer. long may you continue.
soph x x x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nix
Absolutely stunning! How can any one compete with this? Why would you even try? It's crafted so well with perfectly chosen words. It oozes love and honour � all the things we can't find words for. I just love it, I'm going to read it again!!

Glad to have found you on here! :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey Boneman, i love this poem more each time i read it.
I desire thee, with all my heart I love thee, with my soul I worship thee, with my eyes I honour thee with my hands I caress thee tenderly - this verse for me shows the depth of your love for this lucky lady. as i have always said you are a very talented writer. long may you continue.
soph x x x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Boneman! I'm so glad to see you here. I love this poem and remember it. Its got an old world quality to it that is really wonderful. My favorite line is "Honour this warriors one kind and noble act not to dissect a heart rending the body as meat upon the battlements." It brings a touch of rawness to the poem. I this one is rather unique and wonderful!

:) Thanks for giving this place a look. Its very nice to see you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful, original and truly a masterpiece in my mind.. Love this style of writing.. the smoothness of old style penmanship combined with a message of love to another.. pure bliss to the mind! It's nice to see some different styles and this one surely caught my attention. I am a Shakespeare lover.. this one captivates me so.. I have not yet the skills to write in this manner.. but aspire to one day! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

634 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2009

Author

boneman
boneman

About
My Name is Boneman I live in England with two mad cats and a whole load of guitars. I love writing, reading playing and listening to music. Any kind is fine except dance or rap (maybe I'm old but I.. more..

Writing
Dislocation Dislocation

A Book by boneman



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just Breathe Just Breathe

A Story by Ashlee