Contemplating Happiness

Contemplating Happiness

A Poem by Yue Zhang

For what do we live for?
Life is but another Quest, to find Happiness, 
they say.
What is happiness?
A temporary disillusionment caused by the overproduction of Endorphin? 
Or is it something else
kind of like
watching the sunrise with that special someone (whom you swear you would die for) knowing you have the entire day to love them,
or
seeing two rainbows appear after a dark storm
Is happiness a state, or is it a feeling? A feeling that comes differently, each time in a different guise, knocking on your heart. 
Is it happiness when your baby first learns to say mama, when he first learns to wobble towards you, when he gives you his famous toothless grin, or when you're crying in the audience while he thanks you on national television for being his inspiration.  
Can you touch it? Like hugging your lover after finding out his diagnose was wrong and that everything was going to be alright. 
Can you feel it inside? Like the butterflies that ransack your stomach after your one-sided love becomes mutual, and you're walking on clouds towards the pewter knowing you're finally doing something you are one hundred percent satisfied of. 
Does happiness disintegrate over time? Like a few hundred years old love poems from Romeo to Juliet
Or will it last forever? Like the memories that make you giggle during the most inappropriate times.
I know that when I find my Happiness, I'll remember to enjoy it, bask in the moment, and keep it in my heart till I fade into eternity. 

© 2011 Yue Zhang


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
Added on June 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011
Tags: Happiness, moments, memories, life

Author

Yue Zhang
Yue Zhang

AZ



About
Hello reader, my name is Jenny Zhang, and I am a teen author. Hopefully, someday my books will become best sellers. If you have read one of my unfinished books, and wish to read more, please message .. more..

Writing